Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
loveforever
Style_council
loveforever

Actually, it’s gotten warmer in the 30’s here in the windy city… that’s pretty mild for this time of year here.

Anyway… I’m Jen from Chicago. I love fashion although I’m not the most stylish person. I’m here to learn about about fashion, give and listen to advice, and maybe make a few friends while I’m at it :).

So, what’s your favorite type of winter coat for bearing the cold and do you try to make it less boring (accessories, perhaps)?

posted over 4 years ago
transatlanticism
Style_council
transatlanti...

Hi Jen :)

It is super, super hot here in Australia though today was pretty nice. Last week we had a heat wave where it was well over 40*C every day. Last year it went on for 15 days AAAGH!

Anyway, so thinking about wearing coats nearly kills me.. but I have a pretty white trench which I looove :) I think trench coats are so beautiful, you don’t really need to accessorise them to death. Beanies & scarves can look real cute though!

x

posted over 4 years ago

MsBrightside101
Style_council
MsBrightside101

Hi!
My sister lives in Chicago—she’s always complaining about the cold. I sympathize :)
I’m from Seattle…and it’s POURING. It has been for the last week.

My favorite coat for bearing the cold is without a doubt a wool trench. So classic and simple! To make it less boring…definitely a scarf. Big colorful mittens and beanies are great. I put pins on the lapels of mine, but they look a little bit kitchy. S’okay, though, because if you’re wearing a hot pink mini dress, nobody thinks you’re kitchy!!

posted over 4 years ago

loveforever
Style_council
loveforever

Wow, I certainly wish I was in Australia right now!

Yeah, a scarf is simple and yet you can wear it so many different ways.

posted over 4 years ago

JessieAlgar
Style_council
JessieAlgar

Hello hello,
I am from NZ and we are ment to be having our summer and its horrible. Worst summer ever they are saying. And then there australia . ahahaha.
I’m new, is it OK to just comment on these things when you dont know anyone?

posted over 4 years ago

pyxus
Style_council
pyxus

Hi there! I’m new too 8) and I’m from Canada – I’m on the east coast where it’s COLD but I"m actually from central Canada where it’s even COLDER!! I’m talking -35 or 40 degrees celcius. No idea what that is in farenheit but it’s damn cold.

Anyway, Classic & simple wool coat: necessity, Sweaters for layering and warmth: necessity, Wide elastic or leather belt for style: REALLY good idea, and of course – a great scarf with a punch of color. I recommend color because if you get stuck in a snowbank – you can use it as a flag… lol

8) that’s my advice

posted over 4 years ago

talkanatalka
Style_council
talkanatalka

hi there! i’m pretty new too, i’m from upstate NY and it is COLD here too!!!

i loooove my classic black wool peacoat, it goes with everything and can be dressed up or down. i like to alternate it though with a bright green down jacket on really bad days – down jackets are the best for that! i love a huge scarf too, i can use it as a wrap if i get too cold in class haha. plus, it’s fun to buy different color and pattern scarves and use that to dress up my black coat! :)

i recently also found an awesome white, knee length coat at goodwill that i purchased for $11, and got dry cleaned for $10…it’s as good as new now! :)

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION