Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
_alto
Style_council
_alto

Hello my name is Joy. I’m a student and work odd end jobs. I like reading books about Ancient History and going on picnics with friends. On occasion I make music with a few friends of mine. We just play around, we aren’t legit.
It is exciting to take a break from studying and dress up a little.
How is everyone’s summer?

posted almost 10 years ago
athena
Style_council
athena

My summer starts in 2 weeks. I’m a history major and I love ancient history; what are some of your favorite writers / ancient civilizations?

_alto
Style_council
_alto

I’m a history major too!
I am big on wars like thermopylae and Wars of beginning Greece.
Stuff about Persians is fun too!
one of my favorite sources: http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/asbook.html

athena
Style_council
athena

I love epics (greek, mesopotamian, and – but less so – roman..I love Odysseus above all other ancient heroes), orators, and philosophers. I like the “Who is Who in Ancient Greece (or Rome)” books for easy reference.

_alto
Style_council
_alto

i have been trying to expand my reading. I am only a Junior this coming Fall but I feel like I am behind in my reading. Maybe I am partying too much. ahah

annabel
Style_icon
annabel

i love ancient history, too! although thucydides can be a bitch to read/translate on a bad day D:

_alto
Style_council
_alto

It is a bitch on a good day. But I made it a point to suffer through. Once I found things like Thucydides and texts on the Punic Wars I left all the literature they talk about in high school behind.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION