Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sarahly
Style_council
sarahly

Hello everyone im new around here, im 18, always had an interest in dressing well but have only just realised i have a love of fashion. Growing up i basically wore what i wanted and recieved many compliments, but crazily thought that i was defying fashion as i thought fashion was the cheap clothes i saw in Supre’, Target, Jay Jays (cheap made generic clothing). So some style help from you guys would be very helpful, best Australian designers? best brands and stores in Sydney and Newcastle?! :)

posted almost 6 years ago
frieda
Style_council
frieda

Hurray fellow Aussies :) Ah well you can work wonders even from clothes from target (just check out lulu’s blog about target shirts etc) =D

ouijesuis
Style_icon
ouijesuis

Frieda beat me to the big Australian introduction, but welcome anyway!! I definitely went through many phases of cheap generic clothing as well. I guess the only thing i learnt is most of those things should stay in the stores and not follow you home. Working for a cheap generic brand myself, my best advice to be to go to the bigger or flagship stores as they often stock sample pieces which have being directly ripped off the runways. The sample items are usually of a high quality even for stores such as bardot or supre and the flagship stores stock them for a set amount of time and see how many pieces are sold, if the item doesn’t sell you have a relatively unique item at a very decent price, a win situation or if the item becomes popular it’ll be remade with usual appalling quality and reshipped everywhere, most of the nicer things usually don’t sell out though as they’re probably labelled a bit too adventurous for the target customer. That went on a bit too long, lol.. I lool forward to seeing all your lovely outfits :)

sarahly
Style_council
sarahly

Thanks oijesuis thats great advice, lol i just had to google “flagship store” to know what you were talking about though. So where are these flagship stores? im not ready to display any outfits yet, im not kidding im giving everything in my wardrobe to vinnies and restarting again…firstly i have to get a job to buy new clothes and to do that i have to finish year 12 first.

ouijesuis
Style_icon
ouijesuis

Oh definitly :) I remember being in year 12 and telling myself the same thing! don’t worry though itll be over before you know it. Im not too sure about flagship stores in Newcastle, but in Sydney for example, targets store would be in Broadway shopping centre, for Bardot is is Bondi Junction and Supre it is George st & Bondi Junction. Its usually the biggest store of the chain or the store which is in the most central location, usually city or Paddington or Bondi :)

REPLY TO DISCUSSION