SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
saniha
Style_council
saniha

hey everyone,

My name is Nia and I am an amateur fashion blogger. When I first started my blog I was commenting on celeb fashion. Now im leaning toward showing off my own style as well as some of my friends style as well. Does anyone have any tips for getting some traffic to my site?

posted about 4 years ago
channierie
Style_council
channierie

i have the same question. i just started about 2 months ago and i want to keep it going.

http://ceenpee.blogspot.com

posted about 4 years ago

quirkyexplosion
Style_council
quirkyexplosion

Well, in terms of the blog, I’d say that unique content, clear layout, big pictures, frequent updates etc. are always a good thing. As for getting readers, commenting on lots of blogs are always good! But not the annoying copy + paste comments (ex. "nice blog! check out mine!) because they’re, well, annoying. Thoughtful comments are always a win. I think. :)

Good luck!

Shameless self promotion hahaha QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

posted about 4 years ago

TheBlushingBeauty
Style_council
TheBlushingB...

hello,i am trying to do the same my blog doesm\nt have much traffic as i like i am investing in a new camera that would help my pics as well as new lighting but if you have different site pages advertise on them also if you have a youtube page advertise on that your subscribers will most likely go on your blog good luck

posted about 4 years ago

francescalyn
Style_council
francescalyn

Try a link exchange!

posted about 4 years ago

kayl
Style_council
kayl

You should definitely link it here! It helps to always thank those who comment your blog as well as commenting them. Don’t always leave your link if you are frequently comment someone’s blog.
As for your blog, always be original and yourself. Update as much as you can and if you can’t, say so. Make sure your blog is easy to navigate. Make sure its colorful and not plain. If you are nice, friendly, and yourself, its not hard to make new friends!

Hope this all helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
Style and Caffeine

posted about 4 years ago

saniha
Style_council
saniha

Thanks so much everyone!!! Your advice has helped A LOT! trust me!!! Ill post my site once i get it organized I promise!

posted about 4 years ago

MakeupxSparkles
New_user MakeupxSparkles is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MakeupxSparkles reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MakeupxSparkles

cool

posted about 4 years ago

BrittBritt
Style_council
BrittBritt

sounds cool

posted about 4 years ago

BrittBritt
Style_council
BrittBritt

sounds cool

posted about 4 years ago

anothercaroline
Style_council
anothercaroline

A good way to get traffic is to post it to your twitter account/facebook page, and on sites like this, but I agree with @quirkyexplosion, none of that annoying spam-type comments on other people’s blogs, because then it just looks like you’re shamelessly promoting yourself.

Simple, clean layouts that are easy to navigate are great too. & personally, I hate when music plays automatically, and you can’t find the little app so you can’t turn it off. It just makes me want to close the page.

posted about 4 years ago

wardrobewars
Style_council
wardrobewars

We agree with @anothercaroline – no music please!! It takes the page longer to load and kind of gives us a fright if our volume was on loud and the music just starts blasting!
Comment on other peoples’ blogs – no generic comments. Thoughtful, genuine and honest comments. Don’t post the link three or four times – it doesn’t make us want to click the link more – it has the opposite effect!
Post outfits here on Chictopia and leave a link to the blog – if people like the outfit they will most likely be interested in seeing more.
Make your pictures nice and clear and big and a crisp clean layout for the blog – nothing too fancy, easy to navigate. Make the “follow me” app easy to locate.
Find a niche for your blog, something that makes yours different from the other thousands out there – you have got to be unique and original if you stand a chance.
Good luck and let us know how you get on!
Greetings from Ireland
Fifi & Niamh
xxx
The Wardrobe Wars

posted about 4 years ago

jaymieoc
Style_council
jaymieoc

I’m new to the blogsphere aswell only had mine for about 2 weeks, i’m thinking i will start doing a weekly post about peoples blogs i have been looking at that i have found particularly inspirational or interesting so they can be easily refrenced and accessed by others.

http://jaymieocallaghan.blogspot.com/

posted about 4 years ago

monikaaaamour
Style_council
monikaaaamour

thanks for all the tips!

itsfashionamour.blogspot.com

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION