Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mycgud
Style_council
mycgud

HELLO…..i have the sudden urge to DIY some of my old stufff………but my BIG problem is that i dnt have a clue on how to diy.
if i want to stud something what do i need in terms of equipment {stud gun??} and does anyone know where i can get it at good price?
any good shops that sell diy-able accesories {i.e studs,chains] that kind of thing

seriously in need of help
thnx

posted over 5 years ago
mycgud
Style_council
mycgud

just realised i forgot to introduce myself….
hi..im Thabi and i live in england, although i’ve been on chictopia for a few months now i havent got to knowing anybody,soo HELLO

posted over 5 years ago

melmo
Style_council
melmo

hey you sounds cute but a bit confused. I like it ;)
what do you want to do? renewing a shirt or make accessories??

posted over 5 years ago

mycgud
Style_council
mycgud

:) i mostly want to add studs to A LOT of stuff including shoes…..thats what im aiming for, but not sure how to do that……:(

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

You do NOT need to spend a crapload of money on studs — i know you don’t live in the States, but you can still buy from http://store.derangeddesigns.com … the studs are super cheap, postage is reasonable and the lady who runs it is awesome. Get a hundred studs, it sounds like a lot but it really isn’t.

And stud guns are not needed… a stud will have several prongs in the back, which can be folded down with something like a nail file or some tiny pliers or something like that.

Oh, and studding leather and denim is a bit harder because of the thickness of the fabric. But persevere!

posted over 5 years ago

mycgud
Style_council
mycgud

thank you….im really looking forward to it :)

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

no problem at all. i learnt eberything i know through trial and error so have fun!

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION