Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ObscureOverture
Style_council
ObscureOverture

I love reading other people’s fashion blogs, though most of what I’ve found is a more mainstream (for lack of a better word—I don’t want to offend anyone; all the blogs I’ve seen are very chic and beautiful) look in fashion. I still enjoy them, though.

Does anyone else really go for the goth/alternative side of fashion? Or am I just not looking hard enough?

I started my own blog, www.obscureoverture.com, a few months ago to experience the joys of blogging, but I really love reading other people’s blogs and meeting new people.

So, do you do a goth/alternative style in your blog? Please tell me about it! I would love to read it! Either leave a comment here or on my blog www.obscureoverture.com

I can’t wait to meet you!

Stephanie Void
www.obscureoverture.com

posted about 4 years ago
EvaLavender
Style_council
EvaLavender

I don’t really wear a “goth” style per say, but I enjoy looking at goth styles. I actually am planning on moving away from my colorful style and moving more towards a punk look.

Check out my chicblog though, and become a fan if you like :)
I would love for you to see the styles I create!

posted about 4 years ago

aly_aly_o
Style_council
aly_aly_o

i ain’t a blogger, but i can appreciate all styles especially goth. i think i’m more a fan or ‘steam punk’ though. check it out it’s really interesting and very cool looking. it’s pretty 19th century with a modern touch. all gears and gold and stuff, oh my.

posted about 4 years ago

Necca
Style_council
Necca

As long as it’s styled well, I feel like I’d enjoy any style.

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i like the goth/lolita look if it’s well put together. i’ve experimented with all sorts of fashion before so i can together an outfit or two :)

posted about 4 years ago

ObscureOverture
Style_council
ObscureOverture

I love steampunk too!

posted about 4 years ago

Kittany
Style_council
Kittany

I love the goth lolita look, but sadly I don’t have much opportunity to wear those kind of outfits. Most of my wardrobe has to function double duty as things I can wear to work, which means conservative business/casual. :(

posted about 4 years ago

francescalyn
Style_council
francescalyn

I am an admirer of a lot of the neogoth looks. I also like edgier fashion. I wear a lot of black but I wouldn’t identify as goth, more dark bohemian?

posted about 4 years ago

caitiecross
New_user caitiecross is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When caitiecross reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
caitiecross

I don’t label myself as goth, but I primarily dress in black. It’s just the way I feel comfortable (: I have an alternative style but I do sometimes add a little color to it. I might post pictures soon

posted almost 2 years ago

skuzzlite
Style_council
skuzzlite

yep i’m on the alternative side. will follow-for-follow any another goth/dark folks out there!

posted over 1 year ago

smophina
New_user smophina is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When smophina reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
smophina

Good point! Most of the blogs i have seen though are extremely indie. It would appear alot are into TopShop and Charity Shopping! I’ve never read a goth blog but there are a few pin up girl blogs and rockabilly, which is so my kind of thing. Im going to be doing a blog on how to sew rockabilly and pin up clothing, dont know how much call there is for it but it will be on my website anyways :) probably start of february [KooKee Boutique]

Sophie

posted over 1 year ago

forestdoll
Style_council
forestdoll

I love gothy and alternative fashion too! :) But sometimes I don’t think I suit it. Haha!

posted over 1 year ago

Codydarkstalker
Style_council
Codydarkstalker

http://darstalkergirl.blogspot.com/ this is my blog, all goth and alternative fashion posts and outfits

posted over 1 year ago

Kasey24
New_user Kasey24 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Kasey24 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Kasey24

Hi Stephanie,

We’ve just started The ChicTips Fashion Club and have a particular interest in alternative fashion. It’s a new site that currently offers it’s members Blog Hosting, Forums, Chat Rooms, Picture Gallery, Business and Resources Directory, Games Arcade, Fashion Portal and a collection of videos dedicated to makeup tips.

Coming soon is an article section where we will be posting articles that are informative and of interest and we will be encouraging members to publicise their work at the club.

As previously stated, we have a particular interest in alternative fashion and are hoping to get more content and discussion in this area. Your contributions would be very welcome there. It is a club, so mostly we just want everyone to have fun and enjoy the site.

Hope it’ll be of interest and we’ll see you there soon.

:)

posted over 1 year ago

Nekomusume
Style_council
Nekomusume

Hello!

I definitely love all aspects of alternative fashion especially the ‘futuristic’ developments of the gothic look, I also enjoy trying my hand at the lolita looks too.

If anyone fancies a look, here is my page: http://www.chictopia.com/Nekomusume
Sorry it’s not very full, I am very new here! I understand it’s not to everyones taste but perhaps someone can find something they are interested in there. :3

~Nekomusume

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION