SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I’ve been hearing about a lot of studies that show that women don’t get nearly enough sleep, and it’s adversely affecting our health. It made me curious:

How much sleep do you get on average? Do you feel like it’s enough?

posted over 2 years ago
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

To answer my own question, I know that I don’t get enough sleep. I typically average about 4-5 hours a night, and I’m exhausted at work every day. I tend to over sleep on weekends to “make up” for it (usually around 25-30hrs of sleep in two days), but the studies are showing that this can be just as bad. It’s definitely impairing my mental functions… my brain feels fuzzy most days, and sometimes it’s hard to process a coherent thought. Sleep deprivation is awful!

posted over 2 years ago

ruussh
Style_council
ruussh

I like to wake up naturally, and by waking naturally, I usually sleep for 7.5-8 hours a night. That amount is sufficient for me, but I do feel like I need to sleep early to wake up in time for things and sometimes missing out on some events… but I would rather feel energised in the day than sluggish. (:

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I get about 9 hours and was worried I was sleeping too much, but my doctor said it was good. I am very lucky and have an easy time getting to sleep and staying asleep. I wish I could give some of my luck to my husband. He has chronic insomnia :(

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I go to sleep around midnight and wake up around 9:40.

posted over 2 years ago

deflorenflor
Style_council
deflorenflor

Around 7 hours, but I take naps during day, and I also sleep more on weekends

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I’m so jealous! I’m not sure why I have problems sleeping – my doctor has even prescribed me some mild sleeping pills, but they still make me feel groggy the next morning.

posted over 2 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I usually sleep around 7-7.5 hours, usually more on weekends or vacations. I almost never get less than 6 hours. I’m really strict with myself about my sleep schedule because I can’t stand the fuzzy way I feel or the terrible mood I get in if I don’t get enough. Even at my busiest, I’d rather just not finish everything I want to get done than deprive myself of sleep and end up being even more unproductive the next day.

posted over 2 years ago

Sanguine
Style_council
Sanguine

Depending on my schedule I get anywhere from 9 hours to only 5 or so but rarely less than that. I usually sleep all the way through the night but when I wake up in the morning I hit the snooze button for as long as possible, regardless as to how long I’ve been sleeping. I regularly work 6 or 7 days a week so I think that’s more the cause of exhaustion than my lack of sleep.

posted over 2 years ago

pulsevintage
New_user pulsevintage is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When pulsevintage reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
pulsevintage

Depends on work schedule, but I try to get at least 7 hours, I may just be going to bed @ 1AM and waking up at 8AM which is fine with me for the most part. Unless I have something early the next day then it gets complicated.

posted over 2 years ago

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

I get probably 9 hours of sleep. My son sleeps with us, so it’s not a continuous 9 hours of sleep, but I wake up refreshed in the morning. It probably also helps that my son sleeps in. I am not a morning person and never have been, so waking up around 9 am makes me feel rested.

posted over 2 years ago

Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

Well, since I’m on holidays I get 12 hours or more :p

posted over 2 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I get 8-9 hours most nights, i try to go to bed by 11 on weekdays and wake up at 7 or 8 every day

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

i sleep about 8-9 hours everyday too. more on weekends!i feel terrrible if i get any less!

posted over 2 years ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

I get around 7 hours of sleep. If I’m tired, I take about 5 minutes to breathe or jump around a bit to get my blood flowing.

posted over 2 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

Usually between 6 and 8, depending on what time I work in the morning. It’s never enough! I just have a really hard time going to bed early-I can’t do it!

posted over 2 years ago

MyAlexasStore
Style_council
MyAlexasStore

Usually between 7 1/2 and 8 hours if I get less than 7 I’m tired.

posted over 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

My sleeping habits are horrible! I am currently not working and I usually stay up til about 3am and wake up around 11…so 8hrs…even tho I love staying up way past when everyone else is asleep I do feel it the next (or same) day…

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION