Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
suzyfashion95
New_user suzyfashion95 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When suzyfashion95 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
suzyfashion95

I’m 16 and I am 48 kg and 168cm. I want to gain at least 10 pounds during my summer break (2 months). all my life I’ve heard people telling me that I’m too skinny and sometimes even anorexic. I want to never hear people calling me that ever again by gaining weight and preferably some muscle but not too much you know. healthy and strong. my aim is 56kg, but if that doesn’t work I would like to gain at least 10 pounds. so I was rearching and I found that protein shakes can work great as a supplement for weight gain. I was wondering which type of protein shakes should I drink, like how many grams of proteins,carbs, if I am looking for weight gain and not massive muscle building (but some muscle gain is wanted too). please help and thank you!!

posted over 2 years ago
Koroneska
Style_council
Koroneska

i have 48 kg too but i want to lose wight ! if u want to built muscles to put on weight just eat a lot of boiled chicken brests with rice and a lot of natural yoghrt ! remember to eat beans they have a lots of proteins . Try out also swimming ! while u are swimming lots of your muscles are working at the same moment !

posted over 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

I have the same problem as you!! :) It’s not fun being accused of having an eating disorder! I would recommend lots of protein, starches, fruits and vegetables, etc. Basically, the best way for anyone of any size to get to their ideal weight is eating healthy. For people who want to gain weight, eat healthy, but just eat a lot more than usual. At least, this is what I am currently trying :) Just don’t load up on a lot of fatty foods, they won’t make you gain weight, but they can make you have high cholesterol.

posted over 2 years ago

livinglearningeating
Style_council
livinglearni...

Enrich your foods! I had the same problem and adding healthy fats (nut butters to my ice cream, in my cereal. Choose dense grains (granola over cheerios) and drink Ensure Plus two or three times a day (eat a last meal of an ensure and maybe a peanut butter and honey sandwich right before bed). Eat lots of dried fruits on everything and snack a lot. I blogged a sample day from when I was eating to gain, you can check it out here: http://living-learning-eating.blogspot.com/2011/11/wiam-weight-gain-style.html

posted over 2 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

My friend is also very slender but a male and he noticed a slight improvement when he added a meal replacement drink along with whatever else he ate in the day. Good luck :) Make sure you read the ingredients in whatever you eat though, some of that stuff is packed with sugar and fat.
Aside from eating though look up some good weight training routines on women’s fitness websites. They usually offer lots of tips on how to go about all of this.

posted over 2 years ago

SamLS
New_user SamLS is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When SamLS reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
SamLS

Protein shakes are not food. They are highly processed. Stick with REAL food. For weight gain, focus on adding nuts, seeds, avocado, olives and other higher calorie whole foods. Make a point of eating at least three meals a day. Eat fruit vegetables and leafy greens at each meal! Focus your meals on nutrient dense, whole foods not on processed “foods.”
Your body is made up of the foods you eat, so consume health promoting, not disease promoting foods.

Instead of eating a pre-packaged, chemical-laden meal replacement drink, make yourself a healthy smoothie. You can add your favorite ingredients to your smoothie. I like like to add some almond butter, a spoonful of flax meal, lots of frozen blueberries, half a banana and a couple handfuls of spinach or kale to my blender with some water. THAT is a delicious breakfast! Or have a smoothie as a snack to add a few hundred calories to your day.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/

http://nutrition.about.com/od/dietsformedicaldisorders/f/GainWeight.htm

posted over 2 years ago

Yellowdiamonds
Style_council
Yellowdiamonds

In order to gain weight stick to real food- healthy real food. Avacado is a healthy fat~ eat losts of vegetables and protein in different forms. Sushi is great too- tons of fish and the rice fills you up.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION