StephaniePorzio
Style_council
StephaniePorzio

HOW!?

posted over 1 year ago
Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

the best way to do this is to find a friend to go with and support each other. or tell your mom/husband to support you

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

http://www.c25k.com/

posted over 1 year ago

robin77
Style_council
robin77

Yes, a training partner is good, each of you can motivate one another if you try to “blow off” training that day! But before you do anything, do you LIKE running? You really need to have a real desire to commit to running, otherwise you will end up finding excuses not to go out. Cycling is another very good aerobic activity, but a bike costs more than shoes and shorts!

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I know lots of people that hated running in the beginning-in fact, I’d say most do. It takes at least a couple of weeks of dragging yourself out before you start getting used to the feelings you get from endorphins and actually really want to go out for a run. I think the link I provided is great for a beginner-it provides a three-day-week gradual routine and goes from mostly walking with running breaks to running for 30 minutes straight in 12 weeks. It’s not too challenging, so it will ease you into a routine until you fall in love with running

posted over 1 year ago

ChicBabydoll
Style_council
ChicBabydoll

I also recommend the link BeyondLustre provided. I have the app on my phone and use it every time I go running. (:

posted over 1 year ago

robin77
Style_council
robin77

What BeyondLustre said is true – you will learn to like running. When you hit the 3 mile mark, you get thru the “pain”, endorphins are released, and you are on “autopilot.” Enjoy!

posted over 1 year ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

I actually started doing this home video routine called Beach body insanity. It has some jogging, some jumping, and some pushups. I watch it along with the movie The Devil Wears Prada next to the laptop and it’s super motivating to follow through!

posted over 1 year ago

AyePee3
Style_council
AyePee3

Find someone to run with you and keep you motivated :)

posted over 1 year ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

Yes, find a jogging partner and have a daily/weekly schedule of when to meet. (whenever it’s convenient for both of you.) This way, you’ll get used to the schedule and make it a routine.

posted over 1 year ago

venit_vidit_victis
New_user venit_vidit_victis is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When venit_vidit_victis reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
venit_vidit_...

Jogging partners and good music are a great start.
If your a beginning runner or trying to get back into shape, I recommend the Couchto5K program. It’s free online, just a basic website that gives you a schedule to go from VERY short runs to the big 3.1 miles in approximately 5-6 weeks. It’s super easy and they give you a schedule based around time spent running and less of specific distances.
I really recommend it

posted over 1 year ago

hanichu28
Style_council
hanichu28

I’m having the same question as you! All the replies are extremely helpful! I just don’t have anyone to partner run with me :(

posted over 1 year ago

robin77
Style_council
robin77

Well, sometimes a partner can hold you back, as well. You may want to go harder and your partner may not. So training alone is not all bad. You just need to motivate yourself, and if you like running, that shouldn’t be too hard to do. Also, have a regular route, or one that you can change into a short route if you don’t feel so good that particular day. That way, you can gauge improvement – “hey, that hill wasn’t so hard today..”. Just do it! as Nike says…

posted over 1 year ago

Kesh14
Style_council
Kesh14

Jogging is good for you, especially in the morning. Find a friend :) remember that you need fresh air, right?

posted over 1 year ago

boringbannana
New_user boringbannana is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When boringbannana reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
boringbannana

Motivation is always biggest problem… Im always ok with jogging when im not jogging. Try with music or an app on phone this can help a lot or combine both :D Im using app on my samsung that support runners plus tons of good music and im at least start jogging at the morning ;P

posted over 1 year ago

drunkanddrive
New_user drunkanddrive is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When drunkanddrive reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
drunkanddrive

Try run with app, im using streetquest – run is a game. But you can always try anyone on store.
But can give props for streetquest – so much fun with friends if you like game-like applications, plus always you can us it like normal app for runners but its a waste ;)

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

find what motivates you

posted about 1 year ago

theiconiccat
Style_council
theiconiccat

listen music during jogging or find a partner!I’m running with my dog(the best partner!)But everything is in our mind!You should enjoy the nature i think that this is a good motivation:)

posted about 1 year ago

isabelw
Style_council
isabelw

Jogging partners are good but if you don’t want to have to worry about another persons pace you can listen to music with a fast beat.

posted about 1 year ago

lauren922
Style_council
lauren922

I prefer running with my dog over other people. But I can’t seem to find anyway to get into an actual routine myself… I’ve tried using a partner, anyone got other suggestions/tips?

posted about 1 year ago

ketty77
New_user ketty77 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ketty77 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ketty77

I have made a plan about the jogging . I have listen MP3 songs and just jogging .

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION