SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Rajguru_ONeill
Style_council
Rajguru_ONeill

Personally, I think that you need to diet healthily, and cutting out a whole food group isn’t going to suit everyone. It gets some people the results that they desire, yet it’s not a guidline that all women should be encouraged to follow, because we all live in different cultures and environments. I just try to make sure I don’t snack on biscuits (instead I have the occasional handful of nuts!). When I really wanted to lose weight (trust me, I needed to), my mother showed me a detox she did 6 months prior to marrying my father to “get into shape” – and it consists of having a thick lentil soup with rice for lunch and dinner, with fruit throughout the day, and tea with toast and cereal in the morning. To me, it didn’t feel restraining and I ended up losing alot of weight, and people saw the results before I did.

Do you have any personal, family diets or plans that you love/loved to follow and got you the results you wanted?

posted over 3 years ago
1 2
sandyStyle
New_user sandyStyle is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When sandyStyle reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sandyStyle

Personally, I found it very difficult to shed the weight after the birth of my second child. It is after one year after my son’s birth that I committed my self to strict diet. I watch my calorie intake and I try to exercise. I drink lots of green tea with no sugar and I control my portion. I have lost a lot of weight and I am very happy. I snack on nuts and fruits.

posted over 3 years ago

Totallyoutcasted
Style_council
Totallyoutca...

I actually did a bad thing to lose weight after I gained five pounds from working at a fast food restaurant (those darn employee discounts tried to destroy me!). I ate 2 bowls of ramen for two weeks and I walked. That’s a total of 400 calories/day so obviously, I lost the pounds.

Now, my weight relatively stable. I stay at 120. When I feel like I’m gaining weight, I just eat a vegetarian/vegan diet. In fact, I found the best way to maintain my weight, and my skin, without virtually no work at all is through a healthy vegetarian/vegan diet. I just don’t have that much willpower so I go back to eating meat, but one day I’ll stick to it.

I also walk everyday. Walking does wonders for health and the body.

posted over 3 years ago

MichelleCurry
Style_council
MichelleCurry

Here is what I do. I do yoga on a regular basis so I am a big fan of detoxing. I do the Master Cleanse ever 6 months for 14 days with 3 ease in and 3 ease out days so my body gets use to food again. The weight loss is a bonus, but it is to reset my body so I can have it function better. I tend to also eat a vegetarian/ vegan diet during the week and on weekends I will eat meat if i feel like it. I also allow myself 1 Cheat day a week. I will eat as much as I want and whatever i want so I don’t feel like I am depriving myself (and it is good for your thyroid girls). Also getting about 30 grams of protein first thing in the morning and 30 grams of fiber during the day helps keep me at a happy weight and satisfied during the day. It isn’t really about dieting, it is about doing what your body needs and being healthy. The weight will come off and you will be a normal happy weight if you do what your body needs. Listen to it, don’t deprive it.

posted over 3 years ago

Abigail17
Style_council
Abigail17

I think dieting is one part of a healthy lifestyle. It complements exersize. It’s all equally important. However, I personally don’t do “fad” diets, because they do more harm than good. Dieting should be about mainting your personal healthy weight, not looking like a stick figure. So I like to use “Everything in moderation, even moderation”. Some of this, some of that, and it’s GOOD to indulge yourself every now and then! If you deny yourself small bits of sweet things, you’ll end up binging on them at some point.

posted over 3 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION