Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  nose job alternative
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Not sure where you live, but it seems that whatever channel I turn to, here almost EVERYBODY (and their mamas literally) has had plastic surgery at least once. I was curious as to how many plastic surgeries the famous Joan Rivers have done (who, btw looked so pretty when she was young) and my search was… 739!

Of course, that was a fake number.. but she sure looks like she did have 739 surgeries done to her face : (.

So many celebs have gone under the knives either to look more “beautiful,” “correct their noses,” or just face lifts but seriously, how much is too much?!

Here are some plastic surgery disasters…

What’s your take on plastic surgery?

posted about 2 years ago
lavinias
Style_council
lavinias

I wouldn’t like to have any plastic surgery, and hope that I won’t need to have one….

posted about 2 years ago

MissMellalina
Style_council
MissMellalina

Cosmetic surgery is just an extension of our nation’s plummeting self esteem. I think the aging process is beautiful and we need to learn to embrace it as opposed to listen to all of the advertising that tries to put us down in every way possible so that they can “solve” the problem with their expensive phony products.

posted about 2 years ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

If it’s not needed for health reasons absolutely no. Why would you put yourself under this pain, danger and procedure just to “look better”? So many pills to recover, so many chemicals. Definitely not worth it.

posted almost 2 years ago

mollyan
Style_council
mollyan

No I wouldn’t get it

Labellesoiree
Style_council
Labellesoiree

Never

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

if you live in a society that condones it, the surgery is safe, and the end result allows you to achieve a previously unattainable level of self-confidence, then there is nothing standing in your way other than some theoretical moral high ground about being ‘100% real’.

though, I wouldn’t unless like a dog bit my face off or something lol.

rileighnuss
Style_council
rileighnuss

Yes. I would get a nose job, and when I’m older I will be getting a face lift. There is nothing wrong with lip injections. And if I had the money to spend I’d get a boob job, but I don’t really need one so it would be a waste of money for me!

SweetPeaJen
Style_council
SweetPeaJen

If I could afford it and knew it was completely safe, I would get my nose done. It would really help my confidence. I don’t really know what’s the big deal with getting plastic surgery, if it weren’t for the health issue.
So yes to plastic surgery! It’s just another way of changing and adapting your body the way you want to. We use make up, we get tattoos, we get piercings, so what can you say against plastic surgery :)
Keep in mind, of course, that it can go horribly wrong.

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

yes I would. I’m actually dealing with the hesitation… see my topic in the beauty section. I would really like some more advices. Thank you

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

I would also like to add that with make-up (cosmetic products), they do not permanently stay on your skin. Don’t like the heavy smoky eye looks anymore? You can wipe them off! Especially, if you’re the kind of person who likes to play with different shades of lipsticks for self-expression without changing your face structure.

I would not get any tattoos either. At least with piercings, you can let your skin fix up by not wearing any body/ facial piercings for a long period of time.

I may not have the face of a cover girl model, but I am content with the way I look physically. For health reasons, I wouldn’t mind fixing a part of my teeth if money weren’t an issue (and no, not that crazy whitening stuff).

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Great output, DelightfulD*, I just had this conversation with my boyfriend last night when we saw a commericial of Courtney Cox in her new show, “Cougar…” something I forgot. And we were like, whoa! What happened to her? Apparently, she got too much botox! I think she could have aged beautifully with the wrinkles she has!

anniesjo
Style_council
anniesjo

People get braces, go to tanning beds, color their hair and take part in many other “smaller” activities resulting in a changed/improved physical image. Like anything…having a healthy perspective and living in moderation will help achieve that perfect balance of when enough is enough and too far is too far!

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Yes, I was just at Souplantation earlier tonight and I saw a couple of women with major plastic surgery done (they must have been in their 50s). Sadly it didn’t look so nice on them. : (

posted over 1 year ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

@Watermoolen, yeah, I always thought Courtney Cox was beautiful before that weird tan and facial inflates. Well, it is her body after all. XD

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I would do it, because like every human I’m searching for perfection.But I wouldn’t exagerate, I don’t want to destroy my face.

posted over 1 year ago

janesi87
New_user janesi87 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When janesi87 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
janesi87

i don’t like surgery so i don’t take part in it. I think that there are many ways to be more beautiful without being painful and spending much money

posted over 1 year ago

hautebyhayley
New_user hautebyhayley is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When hautebyhayley reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
hautebyhayley

By all means, do at ever you want! It’s YOUR life, YOUR body, and YOU deserve to be happy with what you look like! End of story!

posted over 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I will never have any plastic surgery done on myself. I love everything to be natural

posted over 1 year ago

Terrafirma
Style_council
Terrafirma

nope

posted over 1 year ago

ElloLove77
Style_council
ElloLove77

I can only think of two reasons why I’d get it done. 1. If my face was somehow disfigured in an accident, then I’d get surgery to try get back to “normal.” 2. I know someone (an elderly woman) with a disorder that makes it hard for her to keep her eyes open, so she gets bi-weekly botox injections to help her keep her eyes open. So, if I needed it for some medical reason, I would.

posted over 1 year ago

ChicBabydoll
Style_council
ChicBabydoll

I agree with ElloLove77. I can’t think of any other reason why I would get it unless it was medical related.

posted over 1 year ago

AllisonRyan
New_user AllisonRyan is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When AllisonRyan reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
AllisonRyan

I don’t know that I would get any actual invasive procedures that require anesthesia unless it’s deemed medically necessary or severely disfiguring, but then I’m also young and childless at the moment so I might change my tune someday! That being said, I CoolSculpting on the Dr. Oz Show and have been really looking into it. It’s supposed to be a non-surgical alternative to liposuction, and the show said they came across the technology based on children sucking on too many popsicles. The cold killed the fat cells in their cheeks and created dimples. I found some before and after pictures and although it takes several weeks or even months for results, if there’s not surgery involved, I don’t really see how it’s any different from braces for your teeth?

posted over 1 year ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Only if needed for health reasons :) People must learn to love themselves for who they are and take care of their bodies. Plastic surgeory is often so expensive and you need to do it more than once if you are going to keep up your new look. You could use that money towards something so much better!

Unless one of your boobs is way smaller or larger than the other, or you got in an accedent and need surgeoy for your face etc than I don’t see the reason.

posted over 1 year ago

LapinNoir
Style_council
LapinNoir

i feel that if you want it, go for it. i personally wouldn’t get it though unless it were necessary. it’s unbelievably popular where i live. a lot of girls around here (some of my own friends included) get plastic surgery for birthday and graduation presents, and many get procedures done at a fairly young age—i know several girls who got nose jobs or boob jobs when they were in high school.

posted over 1 year ago

clolow
Style_council
clolow

I would never say never depending on the procedure I mean if it was for an emergency because of an accident then I’d have it but right now I don’t feel I’d like it but you never know what the future might hold so you should never say never.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION