SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Last week I decided to try going to an intense workout session with my friend and it was definetly more than I bargained for…

I wouldn’t say that I’m completely out of shape, I do yoga and take walks a few times a week :) But in this case, I wanted to push myself a little and get more motivated to tone my body. The place we ended up going to was a boxing club, and it was tons of fun but about halfway through when I went to take a sip of water I gulped it too wuickly and ended up having to run to the bathroom and throw up :( I was really embaressed becasue this was only halfway through the class. However, after class I learned that this happens to alot of people and a few of the girls in the class told me not to worry. I really want to keep this workout up (I go once a week) Does anyone have advice they can give me or experiances?

Thanks everyone :)

posted about 1 year ago
StephaniePorzio
Style_council
StephaniePorzio

I’m having the same problem I need to get on a routine and asap!

posted about 1 year ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I’ve heard some good advice the past couple of days. MAinly regarding what you eat before your workout and making sure to give yourself 1-2 hours before your workout to eat. One of my problems was that I ate very early and didn’t want to make myslef ill but that’s one of the reasons I felt so nasious. You end up using alot of calories for energy in those kind of workouts. Keep your before meals to 300-500 calories and make sure to include fruit, some kind of protien like tuna, turkey or chicken….and some veggies. AFter your workout eat immeadiatly, asap. You need to do this or you will lose muscle!

Slowing down when you drink water is also important, and making sure you drink lots of water before the workout (around 2 cups or more) but taking only little sips during your workout, this will prevent you from throwing up.

Thirdly, it’s all about motivation :) going with a buddy makes it way more fun and then you can be competitive :P

posted about 1 year ago

StephaniePorzio
Style_council
StephaniePorzio

i know that after you workout you have to eat or drink protein

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION