SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I get anxiety attacks from time to time. What’s a good natural remedy to help calm me down?

posted over 1 year ago
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Working out really helps me :) Helps me to clear my head and feel relaxed. Meditation is also great, but hard to practice. Takes dedication, but very worth it. Deep breathing and yoga helps too!

posted over 1 year ago

JillianOwens
Style_council
JillianOwens

I too have some anxiety issues from time to time and my answer tends to be a shower bath :) A shower bath is where you plug the drain in your bath. Instead of simply filling the water up and then getting into the filleb tub, sit in there while it fills. I find this very relaxing – others might just think I am crazy, which is ok :) My sister-in-law does it too, which gave us a giggle. I also drip a drop or two of Peppermint oil in the area where the shower stream hits the tub for a good scent in the shower. Once the water gets to the top, treat it like a bath and relax. Good luck!

posted over 1 year ago

josephthomas134
New_user josephthomas134 is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When josephthomas134 reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
josephthomas134

tea might help calm you down. you can try it.

[Handmade Lotion]

posted over 1 year ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

You can try meditation, I know it always helps calm me down. Lavender oil has a calming effect so you can mix some with some unscented lotion or put it on an oil burner thing while you meditate, Chamomile tea also is very calming.

posted over 1 year ago

stylesplash
Style_council
stylesplash

Valerian is good for night time if the anxiety is causing problems getting to sleep. I’ve taken it in tablet form on long flights. Most health food shops sell them.

posted over 1 year ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I agree with stylesplash! I take valerian if I’m having anxiety attacks or heart palpitations during the day. There are also breathing exercises you can do and a EFT tapping which is something I learned from my therapist. I highly recommend looking it up! It sounds kind of silly at first, but the rhythmic tapping can really help distract your body from the panic it’s feeling.

posted over 1 year ago

melissaq
Style_council
melissaq

Neurvo-heel
it’s a homeopathetic medication so it’s all natural and you can take it as often as every 1/2 hour if you need, so that just shows there’s nothing bad in it!

posted over 1 year ago

LBwilliam
New_user LBwilliam is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When LBwilliam reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
LBwilliam

i also suffer horrible anxiety attacks i think from drinking a lot from a young age one time i ran out of the super market because i felt like everyone was watching me. i’ve cut down loads now but i was surfing the web and came across a really interesting breathing method which is meant to help a lot im considering it for my self so just thought I’d get others opinions about it!! let me know what you think! Link:[text]

posted over 1 year ago

Metric
Style_council
Metric

I guess you can try meditation?

posted over 1 year ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

There is this stuff called Rescue Remedy which is made of natural herbs that helps with anxiety.
http://www.bachflower.com/rescue-remedy-information/
They also have a spot where you can pick which herbs and it tells you what each one is good for.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION