SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
natalia_mar
Style_council
natalia_mar

Anyone else dealing with thyroid issues?

:-(

posted almost 3 years ago
jasmine19
Style_council
jasmine19

my boyfriend has hyperthroidism. He said when he was first diagnosed it depressed him, but now he says it doesn’t bother him as much. Cheer up hun, sadness is temporary

sahkz
Style_council
sahkz

I do…never gained weight…feels cold most of the time and a lot of other complications

natalia_mar
Style_council
natalia_mar

Yes! the cold feeling has been sometimes really bad, sometimes i needed to wear hand gloves inside the house!
you are right, Hypothyroidism is not only the weight gain problem, actually i haven’t gain weight, but i have more not so nice symptoms. grrrrr!!!!! hate it!

natalia_mar
Style_council
natalia_mar

jasmine19, oh i know the hyper sensation, anxiety was simply AWFUL! i have Hashimotos, and now i know that anxiety and depression are symptoms of this illness. The worst is that many of the doctors don’t link it with thyroid problems.
" Now researchers are exploring a somewhat controversial link between minor, or subclinical, thyroid problems and some patients’ psychiatric difficulties. After reviewing the literature on subclinical hypothyroidism and mood, Dr. Russell Joffe, a psychiatrist at the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, and colleagues recently concluded that treating the condition, which affects about 2 percent of Americans, could alleviate some patients’ psychiatric symptoms and might even prevent future cognitive decline. "
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/22/health/for-some-psychiatric-troubles-may-begin-with-the-thyroid.html

jessoca
New_user jessoca is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jessoca reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jessoca

Yes, I suffer from hypothyroidism. I gained 15kgs/33lbs. I have now lost more then half of what I gained and I am aiming to lose another 10kgs/22lbs. I am on medication for it now and it is stable but it still makes me really sick quite often.

monchere
Style_council
monchere

I have hypothyroidism/Hashimotos. I was diagnosed when I was nine. I remember the first time I knew something was wrong. My parents and I were in a car at Martha’s Vineyard, off the coast of Massachusetts, either going to or from the ferry. It is the summer and I was freezing. The AC was on maybe a little, but I knew I shouldn’t be that cold. Also, my hair was always so thin. It would always fall out! If you think I shed a lot now, you should have seen me when I was 8! I take meds now and my hair is thicker and my body temperature is more self-regulated. I also have a low metabolism, but my low muscle tone adds to that. Even though there are so many complications, I am okay with it. I have no problems. I get blood drawn for testing to make sure my levels are good every year or so. I’ve been taking my meds since I was 9. You have no reason to be sad. This is something that can be controlled, whether it be with meds, holistically or through diet. If you want to talk, feel free to message me.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION