SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

So I’m starting to notice things on my body that was never there before. I use to weigh a 127 but because of the “freshmen 15”, I now weigh 135 and I am not comfortable with my body. What are some things I can do to at least tone up? I try walking my dogs everyday but I dont feel like its been working and I have been doing this off and on for a little over a month now.

posted over 3 years ago
jwentsoul
Style_council
jwentsoul

you can find online great work outs for different body types and different goals!

posted over 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I walk the dogs for about 45 minutes just around the block. What i started to realize is that when I first wake up around 11, I should eat so that why when i get hungry again it will be around 7 and I wont be hungry the rest of the night. Instead of waiting until 3 to eat and then getting hungry around 8 or 9.

posted over 3 years ago

PickiPicki
New_user PickiPicki is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When PickiPicki reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
PickiPicki

coco butter my dear, lots and lots of cocobutter :)

posted over 3 years ago

New_user 263161 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When 263161 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Also if you want to tone up exercise for at least an our 3-5 times a week. I’ve been doing that, and I’ve been drinking plenty of water, and so far I’ve seen positive results.
Also what the girl above is saying – coco butter and lots of it. ahah I have some at my house that I just started using because my sister has been getting positive results with it.

posted almost 3 years ago

kcdancer4lyfee
Style_council
kcdancer4lyfee

That’s so great that you’ve taken the big step to try and exercise. I feel where your coming from, I have weight issues too and it goes up and down alll the time. My advice is that even though you may have gain a little weight, you don’t need to be a certain weight. As long as your eating right and exercising and basically healthy, your perfect. My mom always tells me the number doesn’t matter, its just what you see in the mirror and how you feel about yourself! :)

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I hate stretch marks

aribrielle
Style_council
aribrielle

is there a way to get rid of light stretch marks….? cause i know most people have dark ones in relation to their normal skin tone, and there a few ways to fix them. but mine are lighter and there’s like NOTHING you can do about them. unless you guys know of anything?

kmbessem12
Style_council
kmbessem12

YOGA gets the blood flowing and tones, but can still be pretty easy. the marks are from your body storing the wrong things

nancy1991
Style_council
nancy1991

i have some stretching marks and i hate it really ,, can`t get rid of them . i tried massaging them with olive oil but nothing changed

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

There are loads of things you can do!

Though just walking the dog might not be enough to tone :)
What I recommend is go for a run, go as fast as you can and measure your heart rate.
Now next time you walk the dog, for an effective fat burn session, you need your heart rate to be about 65% of your maximum. So basically a brisk walk, and the dog will love the change of pace ;)

As for toning, well you need to exercise your muscles for that. I like pilates for that.

tinsien
New_user tinsien is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When tinsien reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tinsien

anything that has shea butter and cocoa butter.. it works

salecar
New_user salecar is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When salecar reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
salecar

marketing@dthreeltd.com

Hi there,

I was wondering if I could get some info for banner advertising (Ideally a site wide, un-rotated banner ad) on your site?

We would like to do a test buy as soon as possible.

Thanks very much,
Wayne Vassell

D Three Marketing

posted over 2 years ago

Maya4ever
Style_council
Maya4ever

I know what you are talking about. When I was a freshman I put on a lot of weight and gained stretch marks on my inner thighs. I’m dealing with them ever since.
Honestly I don’t know what you can do about those stretch marks.

posted over 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

I wish I were 135 I would look so skinny.
I am @ 155
Wanna trade??
135 is thin.

I have been 108-179 and I have an 11 year old son and I dont have stretch marks.
But I do have cellulite.

OH well.

posted over 2 years ago

ettikajewelry
Style_council
ettikajewelry

Do stretching exercises regularly it will help you in toning your body.Or you can also go for power yoga postures.

posted over 2 years ago

KeilaFromPR
Style_council
KeilaFromPR

aloe, exercice, much water and diet

posted over 2 years ago

kianalovesfashion98
Style_council
kianalovesfa...

Cocoa butter really works. but lather it on 3 times daily , and massage your stretch marks for atleast 5 minutes with coco butter.

posted over 2 years ago

CharlotteK
Style_council
CharlotteK

well first of all sport, but you can try out some anti cellulite creams as well.one of the best ones are from Vichy, they are bit expensive but you can see the result in a few days :)

posted over 2 years ago

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

Cellulite will never really go away unfortunately. But you can make it’s appearance less by toning up. I found that the easiest way to lose weight comfortable was to eat 6 300 calorie meals a day. So I would have breakfast, a snack, lunch, a snack, dinner, and a snack. It keeps your blood sugar even so you don’t have those periods where you feel ravenous and eat whatever food is in sight.

Any kind of exercise for 30 minutes a day will also help too. If you want to do it while walking your dogs, try doing quick walking with 1 minute bursts of sprint runs. I’ve heard doing intervals like that burn a lot of calories.

posted over 2 years ago

SamLS
New_user SamLS is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When SamLS reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
SamLS

Obviously, something changed if you have only recently put on weight. You need to be honest with yourself about how your lifestyle is effecting your health. Those extra pounds aren’t just an aesthetic issue, they greatly effect your longevity and overall health.

Moving your body is essential to good health and a beautiful body, of course. And, lifting weights is vital to your bone health and gives you that youthful, healthy look to your skin. Everyone needs to move everyday! For now, just focus on ten minutes everyday…start from there and add more time as you get used to this new habit. Once you push past the period where exercise is strange and uncomfortable, you will being to benefit from it and love it. Moving your body will become an integral part of your day, like eating, sleeping and brushing your teeth.

You are what you eat. Your body is made up of the food your consume. It isn’t all about what’s yummy or what’s boring. You can re-train your taste buds to enjoy the food that prevents disease, creates a healthy body, and helps you to maintain an appropriate weight. Leafy greens, fruit and vegetables are foods with the most cancer-fighting, health promoting nutrients. Eat them in abundance at every single meal.

Here are a few articles/blogs that might inspire you.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/tc/healthy-weight-what-is-a-healthy-weight

http://sarahgettinghealthy.tumblr.com/

http://www.loveboxboutique.com/blog/health-beauty/10-ways-to-stop-emotional-eating-now/

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/04/10/why-people-suck-at-getting-healthy/

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION