SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Lately I’ve been having a lot of rouble getting a good nights rest. I used to work night shifts for 5 years of my life and now that I’m on a more normal sceduale I can’t seem to sleep right :( It’s also difficult for me to get comfortable – my fiance goes to bed a couple hours before I do and when I come to bed he’s sprawled out everywhere so I may have to lay on top of his elbow or leg (pushing only helps so much lol) I have tried going to bed at his time, but it’s too early for me. What can I do to make my sleep more comfortable? I feel like a zombie lately!

posted over 1 year ago
FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

my advice would be to drink some sleeping tea and listen to relaxing music or in the last instance, take some pills for this problem.

posted over 1 year ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I’ve never tried taking pills, maybe I’ll consider it :) Also sleeping tea.

posted over 1 year ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

But this should be last instance… Since when have you changed your schedule? Changing your circadian rhythm takes some time. I bet you’ve already tried doing something relaxing, whatever it is. Reading, listening to music, even reading something incredibly boring…
When I’ve got sleeping problems I’m reading encyclopedias and legal texts. Works for me ;D Maybe you’ve gotta find something that makes you tired. Or podcasts! Maybe you’re finding a podcast from someone with a very chilly voice. ;D

posted over 1 year ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

good idea! I’ll just pull out the dictionary lol or read/watch something very boring.

posted over 1 year ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

Valerian root pills help me sleep sometimes and they are a natural sleeping supplement from a plant. Also I find chamomile tea helps calm me down and sleep.

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

You could try getting some relaxing aromatherapy oil and putting it on your temples right before going to bed. It definitely helps me get relaxed much faster!

posted over 1 year ago

bellekelle
Style_council
bellekelle

My Mum always recommends a lavender pouch :)

posted over 1 year ago

Chicyoyo
Style_council
Chicyoyo

a glass of milk half or one hour before sleep. :)

posted over 1 year ago

CiaraBaron
Style_council
CiaraBaron

I have serious sleeping issues and here are the suggestions my doctor made to me-
No TV or computers 1 hour before bed.
Bath or warm drink before bed.
Do not lay in bed awake for more than 20 minutes. If you can’t sleep, go in to another room for 5 minutes and try again.
Do nothing but sleep in your bedroom. You want to associate this room with peace and sleep.
Try reading.
Try to regulate your bedtime to get your body into a habit.

Having said this, I still ended up being put on Melatonin and Amitriptiline to help me sleep.
Goodluck!

posted over 1 year ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Fantastic advice, thankyou Ciara!

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION