SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

If you don’t know who Crystal Renn is, she was a former plus-sized model who made heads turn by being one of the most successful plus-sized models the past few years (she used to weigh 165 and with her height, she looked pretty normal). However, about a year ago, she started to lose weight and that’s when people started to “freak out.”

Do you think she’s at a healthy weight now, or is she succumbing to society’s expectations on what’s ‘beautiful,?’

You can read the Yahoo article here!

posted about 2 years ago
mercik
Style_council
mercik

I know who she is. I read the book.
You can be “plus suzed” and healthy.
Look at me, I am 160 pounds and according to the doctor I am healthy.
BUT I could lose 20 pounds.
crystal is tall so she can carry more weight than I can.
It’s debatable. As long as she didnt fall back into her eating disorders.

posted about 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

she seems like she’s at a healthy weight :) it said she was like a size 6-8. I think it was brave on her part to choose to become a plus-size model to begin with, but I can imagine the radical weight fluctuations can’t be too good for her in the long run—hopefully she’ll stay where she is for a while?

posted about 2 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

I think she chose to lose weight simply because she didn’t like how she looked, and how she was called a plus-sized model all the time. If she was truly happy, she wouldn’t have tried to lose any weight at all. Being a model, she must have been under intense pressure to conform, even if the public wanted her to stay the same.

posted about 2 years ago

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

I agree with you all, you can still be “plus-sized” and be healthy, however, I’m pretty sure society’s scrutiny and criticism may have an effect towards her weight loss.

posted about 2 years ago

compulsions
Style_council
compulsions

She gained much weight when recovering from her eating disorders, so it’s only normal she lost part of it now. She didn’t try to lose the weight, it just happened. As long as she’s comfortable with herself, it’s no one’s business

posted about 2 years ago

HannahWatson
New_user HannahWatson is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When HannahWatson reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
HannahWatson

I think she should stay wherever she is now and be comfortable. Dropping 70 pounds then gaining it back, then getting skinny, then gaining weight cannot be healthy.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION