SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ChristieREdwards7587
Style_council
ChristieREdw...

I am not sure about the rest of you, but this Chicago weather has put a huge damper on my fitness regime. My husband and I have diligently run in weather at temperatures as low as 13 degrees, but getting the motivation to do so consistently is difficult. Getting back into my Bikram (hot yoga) practice has become a battle between me and Satan herself as she kindly barks out orders in a room that is clearly well beyond 105 degrees. After leaving class feeling defeated and now forced to arrange my schedule around Satan’s teaching, I am lost and feeling blue.

January to me means spending more time indoors, less time moving my legs, and missing the sound of my feet pounding the pavement. Could it be true that my lack of movement has left me with…the runner’s winter blues? There is something freeing about the ability to get out in the wide open air and just “GO.” Today, I finally concluded that my mood is greatly impacted by my lack of physical activity.

This evening my husband suggested we find a place and run indoors, I didn’t want to hear of it, yet I begrudgingly accepted the invitation.
Guess what? After three miles of running my heart out, something amazing took place. My mood shifted, I felt like my normal self again, and I sweated my winter blues away. During these winter months be sure you get out and do something physical. Often times our moods rely heavily on the health of our physical body and its desire to move, or the lack thereof.

Now, if I can only confront Satan and her evil ways so I can balance my Qi…

posted almost 3 years ago
VersatileMoTIF
Style_council
VersatileMoTIF

Enjoyed reading this post. Im happy you feel balanced again. I totally understand the terrible feeking of not being able to do things that give you a sense of freedom when youre used to doing it. Especially when it unsettles your emotional/spiritual state. Guess life is full of constantly finding your way back huh…?? :~)

ChristieREdwards7587
Style_council
ChristieREdw...

VersatileMoTIF, yes absolutely!! It’s important to be intune with ourselves and acknowledge when things are off balance. Life is a tug of war between living in balance and living out of balance. It is those important moments of growth we experience when moving between one extreme to the other. Thanks for your post!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION