SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
hanichu28
Style_council
hanichu28

Help! I am 40 pounds overweight that I HAVE to lose, but I eat a fairly healthy diet. I eat all organic and natural foods, but my big problem is snacking ALL THE TIME. I really want to start excercising every day, but I can’t find the motivation. Any advice?

posted almost 2 years ago
Corall
Style_council
Corall

First of all, seeing your picture I think you’re lovely and you don’t have to lose 40 pounds. Now, if you say snacking is the problem then you have to keep yourself busy so that you stop thinking about food. Maybe you can have a cup of tea instead. As for motivation, my idea is to treat yourself to something nice for every time you go to the gym (have a relaxing bath or watch a movie).

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

I have the same problem, I snack all the time also and don’t exercise like i want to. It’s really bad because that’s where all the weight comes from. Sometimes, instead of snacking, drink a cup of water because it might be due to dehydration that makes you wanna eat. And are you under stress? I know that when I’m under stress I tend to snack, so find something that can de-stress you. For exercising, find a buddy to do it with you so your buddy can also motivate you! Hope this helps.

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I’m really bad with snacking too, but when I do cut down on it I notice that weight loss is really easy. Just make yourself go for three weeks in a row not eating more than three meals a day. After that, it will become habit. If you’re really hungry, have a diet coke or herbal tea, and take a short walk to make yourself less hungry. Exercise always kills my appetite for a few hours.

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I’ve heard that snacking is actually supposed to be good for you because it keeps your body from going into “starvation mode” (where your body holds onto fat) and it keeps your blood sugar stable and all of that. That is why you hear so much about eating “small meals” every 3 hours. So I actually snack, but I try to make it small and healthy. An apple and some almonds for instance. If you don’t want to snack though, drinking hot tea for some reason always curbs my appetite. It’s no calories and its good for you! Chewing sugar free gum can also keep your mouth busy, and I do this sometimes to keep myself from mindlessly snacking. Good luck!

Naomi_Carmen
Style_council
Naomi_Carmen

Surprising how many people have the same problem. I bulk buy yogurt coated raisings and nuts and banana chips online to make them cheaper and put them into small sandwich bags and snack on them throughout the day. I’ve also tried apetite suppresant pills which are really good. Not a cheap online one that you dont know whats in them just one from boots, called lipobind. No side affects just made me have less cravings. I lost allot of weight by cutting out tea, coffee and fizzy drinks and always carried a bottle of water with me. I was 11st and i got down to my current weight 10st5. no excercise or anything just drinking water. Honest i couldn’t believe it. I recently tried a weight loss pill off topratedfatburners.com i think it was the 4th best one (cheaper than all the others) 7 day fat burner extreme it was called, body detox pill. You take it for 7 days and i got it cheaper on ebay 2 bottles for £30ish. 100% natural products, plant extracts etc etc. I read a review that told me i could loose lots of weight if i took 2 at once so i did as i was going to ibiza in a week and wanted to look my ‘best’ I ended up loosing 4pound in 2 days. I felt absolutely sick and had to come off work for 3 days. I think definately sticking to light excercise, taking the stairs, buying a hoola hoop, buy some pro plus to give you motivation to actually excersize and you’ll be happy as larry in no time :) Now i just eat regularly and continue my efforts to get back to 9st12 :)

SilvaeSanchez
New_user SilvaeSanchez is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When SilvaeSanchez reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
SilvaeSanchez

It’s actually good to snack but you can do it in healthier ways, like baby carrots, fruit, you can even dehydrate some bananas and they taste so good… Drink plenty of water and try to walk a lot. I’m not a big fan of excercise either but a year ago I started to take yoga classes and I absolutely love them.

SweetPeaJen
Style_council
SweetPeaJen

I can only agree to the posts above: Try to avoid snacking by distracting yourself.
Also, a nice motivation to work out is, say, for every hour you work out (at the gym, at home, …) you put like one dollar in a jar and save it up for something. And once you’ve worked out enough and therefore saved up enough money, you can go buy yourself a nice dress or cute underwear or something else you couldn’t/didn’t want to wear when you hadn’t lost weight!
Another tip: If you don’t want to/can’t go to the gym, you could try Just Dance. You might feel very silly at first, but it’s a lot of fun and good for your body!
Good luck! :)

Ward
New_user Ward is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When Ward reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
Ward

You should start the reducing bodyweight from light exercising such as morning walk, running, rests ups, then you should do some more aerobic workouts such as running, swimming, riding a bike for burning the fat more quickly and losing you bodyweight.
You should also take diet foods containing more fresh fruits and veggies for reducing bodyweight.

miadelatorre
Style_council
miadelatorre

you can have peanuts for snacks though and play badminton every now and then. :)
i hope this helps.

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

do a lot of excercising and don’t eat at night, this is how I lost weight.

RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

while diet and exercise is obvious, sometimes we need a little help. i use an app called “my fitness pal.” it’s also a website (myfitnesspal.com). it helps you to track calories, protein, sodium, fat, sugar, and basically anything you can think of. it also allows you to track exercise and know how many calories you have burned. sometimes you are eating healthy, but you may still be consuming too many calories. this app helps you to build a plan and helps you to keep on top of what you are eating. it also allows you to track weight lost and measurements, so you can keep yourself on track. i dont know what i would do without it. you dont realize how many calories or how much sodium is in some “healthy” foods. I have lost 15 pounds since i started using it a few months ago. I have not fallen off the wagon at all…even over the holidays.

posted over 1 year ago

lazylady
New_user lazylady is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lazylady reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lazylady

How about doing yoga? And have diets at the same time, it may be effective.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION