SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

Hi everyone! I recently decided to try to eat healthier. I can eat almost everything (but coffee, strawberries and snails.) I’m totally aware that I’m terribly lacking for fruits and vegetables… I don’t really like it, I think this is quite tasteless, I don’t know how to cook it to give them more taste. Do you have any advice to help me incorporate some vegetable in meals, or make them taste yummy? (receipes…) Thank you so much!

posted over 2 years ago
F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

for breakfast you should try a whole wheat waffle with nutella and banana slices!healthy, wholesome, yummy and filling!

vegetables taste much better steamed in my opinion, sprinkle a bit of seasoning and maybe try them with a dip as a side for dinner.

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

you can incorporate fruits in things you’d usually eat anyway, like a bowl of yogurt or a salad—or you could make an all-fruit smoothie for lunch. I rarely eat fruits myself, but I made a grilled peach salad yesterday; I based it off of this but added honey-toasted pecans and replaced the lettuce with spinach (I can’t stand romaine, that’s why I never gave salads a chance when I was younger lol).

I’m sure there are tons of veggies you’d love, but never had them cooked the way you’d like them—I can’t really think of any recipes off the top of my head, but maybe the next time you eat out, you could be a little adventurous and eat something you normally wouldn’t (with veggies)?
soups are an easy way to sneak in lots of veggies—a couple nights ago we had barley soup with chicken broth and a bunch of random veggies (mushrooms, potatoes, zucchini, carrots, etc).
you could also make an all-veggie sandwich too—my favorite is grilled eggplant on focaccia with some salad greens, tomato, and fresh mozzarella; I had it for lunch at some place in the mall, but so far I’ve been unsuccessful at re-creating it (mostly because I can’t find good focaccia bread anywhere).

posted over 2 years ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

@ F4SHION, thank you for the advice! I’ll try to steam it. surely better than just boiled!

@tightsandsea, thank you too! I’ll try to put some carrots in the meat in sauce, or small pieces of veggies in reis or pasta… this salad receipe looks yummy!! I should try this for my next lunch ^^

posted over 2 years ago

TheresaPaquette
Style_council
TheresaPaquette

In addition to adding to what you already eat, you can make new dishes with certain sauces, spices, etc. so that you don’t taste the vegetables as much as you taste whatever else is in there. I’d say that Asian dishes have especially flavorful spices and sauces, so you should try looking up some Eastern recipes. Also, if you find that you aren’t getting enough fruits and vegetables even after trying to eat more, I’d recommend a multivitamin. (:

posted over 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

hmm, well I can’t give you an exact recipe, but here are a few things that I love making with fruits and vegetables.
If you eat rice, you can try chopping some vegetables and sautéing them, add whatever seasoning you like, then add in your rice and water, let it cook, and you have an extra healthy side-dish.
you can make smoothies with fruit :)

posted over 2 years ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

@ theresapaquette: great idea, I’ll look for asian receipes! love their food also, very nutrishing, healthy and so yummy!

@ hellotampton: thanks for all your advices and receipes ^^ I ’ll try it! sounds really good! <3

@ itshaliebrooke: a kind of risotto you mean? love that! well smoothies are not my favorite thing :p

posted over 2 years ago

eucalya
Style_council
eucalya

as some of the girls already said, you should try to do sauces or to put spices to add taste at your vegetables. What is delicious if you like meat, is to mix some chopped veggies with chopped meat. I love beef with sweet pepper or things like this! Hope it helped!

posted over 2 years ago

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

I agree with a lot of the responses! I love adding fruits to yogurt, sherbet, or a fruit salad. You can also juice them and make your own juice to drink if you don’t want to eat straight fruit.

I’m not a big veggie lover, but the ones I do eat, I try incorporate into foods as much as I can. Try any kind of Mexican salsa. Add corn, black beans, black eyed peas, cilantro, tomato, green onion, and avocado. Soo good.

Making guacamole is also really good, and you can add in different veggies to up the flavor. I also love soups and casseroles. My husband make a chicken and cheese casserole with broccoli in it and it’s so good!

posted over 2 years ago

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

I used to HATE fruits but you know what, fruits and vegetables are really an acquired tastes. When you get used to eating something, you’ll really end up “liking it,” kinda like with people I guess? (I know, weird analogy).

As for the other gals’ suggestions, I really like the idea of eating veggies with sauces – I use oyster sauce and I add salt/pepper. Sometimes I like eating it with fish sauce (again, another acquired taste), or vinagrette is an excellent alternative to dressing.

posted over 2 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

I have most of my fruit in smoothie form. I also eat a lot of tomato based things; pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, etc. I think steamed asparagus is delicious but I hate brussel sprouts. If you like soup you have a lot of options to eat more vegetables. Broccoli cheese soup is wonderful!

posted over 2 years ago

Koroneska
Style_council
Koroneska

u can smash banana with yoghurt and add to this some cerals ! thats really good ! u can also mix mango with lemon and some strawberries ! it is really tasty ! hope u enjoy it !

posted over 2 years ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

thank you ladies <3>ll keep on trying! :)

posted over 2 years ago

dorosee
New_user dorosee is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When dorosee reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
dorosee

One of the easiest ways to make any vegetable taste good is to roast it. Asparagus, brussel sprouts, sweet potato, green beans, turnips (I know!)… ANYTHING. I swear by this: cut it up, toss with olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper, then put it in a (preheated) 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Roasting makes vegetables taste a little sweeter and the texture is soft and delicious!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION