Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  contact lens
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I’ve been using all-purpose solutions all my life to clean and store my contacts. I’ve recently learned about a different storing solution that uses 3% hydrogen peroxide. You have to use them with neutralizer tablets or cases that already have neutralizers built into them. I’ve been using them for a few days now and I like how my contacts feel. It seems like my contacts are cleaner and softer after storing them in this solution. Has anyone else used this before? Are there any negative side effects I should know about?

posted about 1 year ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Do you rinse the peroxide off after? Peroxide can damage mucus membranes, so be careful! I’m sure the neutralizers help to prevent this, but they might also make the peroxide useless.

posted about 1 year ago

penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

ehhh I wouldn’t really recommend that.Just stick to regular solution.

posted about 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I bought mine from Target from the target brand so I figured it would be safe to use. But now that I think about it maybe I should go back to using regular solution. It does seem a bit risky.

posted about 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I’ve gotten it by mistake a few times and my eyes were hurting like hell when I decided to put my contacts in the next morning. I’m to scared to try it the proper way now, lol.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION