StephaniePorzio
Style_council
StephaniePorzio

HOW!?

posted almost 2 years ago
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Try to limit your intake little by little. I started by only smoking half cigerrettes when I had the craving to have one and then saving the rest for later. Good luck!

StephaniePorzio
Style_council
StephaniePorzio

[Thank you so much!]

Geek_Le_Chic
Style_council
Geek_Le_Chic

Nicotine is one of the most addictive chemicals to have been created by pharmaceutical companies. I understand your frustration in trying to figure a way to overcome such an addictive habit. Here are some ways:

1.) Cold Turkey is one of the most common ways people attempt to quit. During my medical school experiences in the hospitals and clinics, these people tended to have a personal experience or scare in their life that motivated them to make such a move. This technique is only successful if you have an internal motivation that is so strong that it overpowers the withdrawal symptoms you will inevitably suffer from during the first 3-6 weeks post-quitting. What gets most people back to smoking is their inability to deal with all the side effects they feel from nicotine withdrawal. Here are some side effects you will feel: Tremors, anxiety, panic attacks, mood fluctuations, difficulty concentration, problems sleeping, desire to compensate addiction with over-eating. The patients I worked with that successfully quit cold- turkey had STRONG INTERNAL MOTIVATION and STRONG FAMILY/SPOUSE SUPPORT. Overcome the side effects and you will over come your addiction

2. Wean yourself off. As mentioned above, you can slowly wean yourself off of smoking by slowly decreasing the amount of cigs you allow yourself to smoke. Example would be on week 1 you can only smoke 1 pack per day. Week 2 only 3/4 pack per day, week 3 only 1/2 pack per day and so on. This is an effective technique because you slowly decrease your body’s addiction and drive for nicotine to the point that you will need less and less nicotine to calm your nerves. Eventually you reach a point where you will find other means to help you relax other than smoking.

3.) Mediators: Nicorette gum, Chantix, and Zyban (buproprion) are medications that are commonly prescribed by doctors that target the addictive centers in your brain to help “shut off” the addiction switch to smoking. These can be very effective for people who are unable to handle the side effects of quitting cold turkey and have been unsuccessful with weaning the amount of smoking.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we would all like to see you quit and live a long and healthy life!!!

kristenseee
New_user kristenseee is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When kristenseee reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
kristenseee

E-pen and slowly step away from smoking cigarettes.

posted about 1 year ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

I coudnt deal w withdrawal,in a program still,but it was living hell,wake up many times at night ,extremely anxious,no concentration what so ever,i felt i was going to die literally,but i know other ppl in the program who quit for good easily

posted about 1 year ago

K_J_O
New_user K_J_O is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When K_J_O reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
K_J_O

First Set a quitting date or Join a quitting group who support from people who are in the same situation. because it’s encourage you to quit smoke. Through away your lighter/s and matches. Always eat gum so that you can have that rather than smoking.. you need a lot of dedication so try to collect those source who encourage you to do so..

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION