baby_kaye
Style_council
baby_kaye

:)

posted about 3 years ago
fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

One thing to focus on is changing who you interact with. Smokers usually congregate – and when you change that and hang with non-smokers, you’re less likely to engage in the unhealthy habit.

posted about 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

Depends on what you are smoking ;) cigarettes, try an E-cig! (electronic cigarettes) I have one and I never crave. If I smoke a cigarette, it now tastes so gross to me and the smell is horrible. E-cigs taste good and have no odor. They are also stronger, so you get your fix pretty quick. You can buy batteries, atomizers, and juice online for very cheap. Valuevapor.com is great, good quality, and cheap!

posted about 3 years ago

Harumi818
Style_council
Harumi818

^^

posted about 3 years ago

Harumi818
Style_council
Harumi818

chew gum

posted about 3 years ago

carlforbes
New_user carlforbes is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When carlforbes reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
carlforbes

You can buy electronic cigarettes and try them. They really helped me in quitting.

posted about 2 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

http://www.fitnessrepublic.com/fitness/how-to-quit-smoking.html

Try to pick up a new healthy habit. I found that once I started going for a jog a couple days a week it made me more motivated to avoid smoking and build up better lungs, which lead me to having better endurance. I can tell a difference in my jogging after I’ve been partying and smoking and it makes me feel bad and now want to do it again.

posted about 2 years ago

lavinias
Style_council
lavinias

Well, a psychologist once told me, that a bad habit has to be replaced by another habit, but perhaps not a bad one. Try to focus on something like sports :-??

posted about 2 years ago

veilofillusions
Style_council
veilofillusions

Meditation techniques can help you to do so, and also the great amount of emotional anxiety and stress that occurs when you try to quit.

posted about 2 years ago

davidmartin414
New_user davidmartin414 is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When davidmartin414 reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
davidmartin414

thanks …….nice

posted about 2 years ago

sharonz
New_user sharonz is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When sharonz reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sharonz

I think what the fashionophile said is right!

posted about 2 years ago

davidmartin414
New_user davidmartin414 is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When davidmartin414 reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
davidmartin414

YA YOU ARE RIGHT….

posted about 2 years ago

VSVP
Style_council
VSVP

Chew gum, Stop buying em and think about the worse possible things that can happen to you every time u smoke one.Or you can start smoking electronic cigs gradually to help decrease the need for nicotine.

posted about 2 years ago

Geek_Le_Chic
Style_council
Geek_Le_Chic

Here is my response I made to a similar question posted by another blogger:

Nicotine is one of the most addictive chemicals to have been created by pharmaceutical companies. I understand your frustration in trying to figure a way to overcome such an addictive habit. Here are some ways:

1.) Cold Turkey is one of the most common ways people attempt to quit. During my medical school experiences in the hospitals and clinics, these people tended to have a personal experience or scare in their life that motivated them to make such a move. This technique is only successful if you have an internal motivation that is so strong that it overpowers the withdrawal symptoms you will inevitably suffer from during the first 3-6 weeks post-quitting. What gets most people back to smoking is their inability to deal with all the side effects they feel from nicotine withdrawal. Here are some side effects you will feel: Tremors, anxiety, panic attacks, mood fluctuations, difficulty concentration, problems sleeping, desire to compensate addiction with over-eating. The patients I worked with that successfully quit cold- turkey had STRONG INTERNAL MOTIVATION and STRONG FAMILY/SPOUSE SUPPORT. Overcome the side effects and you will over come your addiction

2. Wean yourself off. As mentioned above, you can slowly wean yourself off of smoking by slowly decreasing the amount of cigs you allow yourself to smoke. Example would be on week 1 you can only smoke 1 pack per day. Week 2 only 3/4 pack per day, week 3 only 1/2 pack per day and so on. This is an effective technique because you slowly decrease your body’s addiction and drive for nicotine to the point that you will need less and less nicotine to calm your nerves. Eventually you reach a point where you will find other means to help you relax other than smoking.

3.) Mediators: Nicorette gum, Chantix, and Zyban (buproprion) are medications that are commonly prescribed by doctors that target the addictive centers in your brain to help “shut off” the addiction switch to smoking. These can be very effective for people who are unable to handle the side effects of quitting cold turkey and have been unsuccessful with weaning the amount of smoking.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we would all like to see you quit and live a long and healthy life!!!

posted almost 2 years ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Get your wisdom teeth pulled, lol. I haven’t been able to smoke in a week and am thinking of just not starting again.

I think you have to really delve into the WHY of your smoking habit.For me, smoking was two things: a social activity, where I got to catch up with my smoking buddies and also a way to meet lots of new people, as well as a stress reliever. I really don’t care about the nicotine, and usually find the smell disgusting. So I’m switching to a clean electronic cigarette, and jogging daily to have more endorphins to help me deal with stress. However, if you truly are addicted to the nicotine, you might need mediators to help at first.

posted almost 2 years ago

kristenseee
New_user kristenseee is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When kristenseee reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
kristenseee

E-pen

posted about 1 year ago

K_J_O
New_user K_J_O is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When K_J_O reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
K_J_O

First Set a quitting date or Join a quitting group or support from people who are in the same situation. because it’s encourage you to quit smoke. Through away your lighter/s and matches. Always eat gum so that you can have that rather than smoking.. you need a lot of dedication and didisciplineo so try to collect those source who encourage you to do so..

posted about 1 year ago

discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

My boyfriend has been trying to quit, and he’s been replacing cigarettes with electronic vapes. He’s cut down on cigs, which I’m super happy about.

posted 12 months ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

I ve tried and failed in a program….my advice is to go cold turkey,but it will take 3 days of hell (withdraw)drink a lot of water,if its possible dont work or do stressfull things in this 3 days…as time goes by you will feel less and less the desire of smoking,it takes a lot of mental strenght since your body and mind ll crave a lot.be strong its the only way

posted 11 months ago

JillianOwens
Style_council
JillianOwens

Water vaporizers are the best. I believe they are “safer” for your than an e-cigarette, since it’s water vapor and less irritating to your system.

posted 11 months ago

samantha028
New_user samantha028 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When samantha028 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
samantha028

One of the best way is to control your self and move away to all your friends that smoking cause for sure it will causes you to try to smoke again.

posted 10 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I have heard that there is a relatively new but effective prescription drug that helps people quit smoking. It is called Chantix. You could talk to your doctor about it.

posted 7 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION