SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
voguecity
Style_council
voguecity

I’ve been practicing yoga and exercise on and off for the past two years, but some times I find it difficult to practice mainly due to loss of motivation. I am very aware of my health (gluten and lactose intolerant here) but when it comes to exercise, I need some extra push. Does anyone have advice as to how to stay positive when on a regular exercise routine?

posted over 1 year ago
purplewang
Style_council
purplewang

Grab a friend who also wants to do yoga and exercise and you guys can motivate each other! I think that’s one of the best ways to stay motivated.

posted over 1 year ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

I agree with purplewang, having a friend does keep you motivated, I’m able to work out regularly because of my friend.

posted over 1 year ago

HauteandComely
Style_council
HauteandComely

count your blessings.they will always make u hopeful

posted over 1 year ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

Yes, try to find a friend to help you!

When I don’t have enough motivation, I like to write down what my goals are, why I don’t reach them, and what I should do to achieve it, and I read this every day. I also found that strong encouraging music is very helpful to make you workout :)

posted over 1 year ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

Maybe if you have been doing yoga for 2 years you are a little bored with your routine. Switching up your routine and finding something new you enjoy might make you motivated to exercise more. You also might want to reward yourself. For instance if you workout a certain number of days per week or month, treating yourself to a spa treatment or something. Those external rewards sometimes work for me!

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I’m the same way-I’ll be good for a month, and then totally quit for a few. Its so terrible! I think the only things that help me are paying for a gym membership (I hate having that money go to waste) and getting a friend involved. Also, signing up for a race or other event is good motivation

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

Everybody needs a motivation. I really want to start exercising daily, but I always say tommorrow, tommorrow. In the summer, actually the fact that I knew that I had to look good especially at the beach (not like in winter) made me exercise, kept me motivated. My luck is that I’m really skinny without exercising, that’s how my body works. You just have to find what keeps you motivated.

posted about 1 year ago

GracieJ
New_user GracieJ is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When GracieJ reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
GracieJ

get a friend that has similar goals fitness wise.

posted about 1 year ago

loverose
New_user loverose is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When loverose reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
loverose

Friends is important,also u can form a exercise habit,and begin your exercise program gently and gradually…

posted about 1 year ago

loverose
New_user loverose is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When loverose reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
loverose

Friends is important,also u can form a exercise habit,and begin your exercise program gently and gradually…

posted about 1 year ago

tiffanyannefirmeza
Style_council
tiffanyannef...

I agree. Having an exercise companion will motivate you and you really won’t get bored easily when you have someone with you.

posted about 1 year ago

jenniferhera
New_user jenniferhera is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When jenniferhera reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jenniferhera

Great topic. For myself, I like to rely on my own will and inner strength for motivation. While it is wonderful to have a friend to assist with motivation, I believe it is much more powerful when it comes from within. With that said – practicing active/physical yoga (hatha, vinyasa) with a meditation form of yoga like kundalini really really helps to balance your practice of yoga! Namaste :)

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION