SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

Currently I’m about 5’3 and 137 pounds, and I REALLY want to lose weight. Mostly because nothing looks good on me anymore. I don’t really exercise because I’m always exhausted after coming home from school and I walk a lot anyway. But my main problem is staying away from the ice cream and chocolate. I’ve tried food diaries and keeping track of my measurements but after a few days I always get bored and quit. Do you guys have any techniques or tricks that you use to keep yourself motivated to lose weight and get yourself to STAY AWAY from the ice cream?

posted over 4 years ago
Nawsh
Style_council
Nawsh

I once ate so much chocolate in one go that i fully got sick of it and after that.. i probably had about 2 or 3 chocolate bars in the entire year lol
I’ve recently started cutting back on how much i eat too :) ..i got so used to eating loads last year (i was trying to put on weight), so it was a bit of a struggle at 1st
But i’ve found that its easier to replace what you would normally eat with a healthier option rather than going cold turkey with no food at all, i love snacking on hummus with chopped veggies or pitta bread, or fruit salads, yoghurt with honey & dried fruits, smoothies
and also, if you love ice cream so much, have you considered nonfat frozen yoghurt? I go Pinkberry soo often and the frozen yoghurts taste JUST LIKE icecreamm <3 and they top it with whatever you like (fruits, chocolates, sauces, nuts)

posted over 4 years ago

Nawsh
Style_council
Nawsh

I once ate so much chocolate in one go that i fully got sick of it and after that.. i probably had about 2 or 3 chocolate bars in the entire year lol
I’ve recently started cutting back on how much i eat too :) ..i got so used to eating loads last year (i was trying to put on weight), so it was a bit of a struggle at 1st
But i’ve found that its easier to replace what you would normally eat with a healthier option rather than going cold turkey with no food at all, i love snacking on hummus with chopped veggies or pitta bread, or fruit salads, yoghurt with honey & dried fruits, smoothies
and also, if you love ice cream so much, have you considered nonfat frozen yoghurt? I go Pinkberry soo often and the frozen yoghurts taste JUST LIKE icecreamm <3 and they top it with whatever you like (fruits, chocolates, sauces, nuts)

posted over 4 years ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

My thing with sugar is that I just can’t start. Once I do, I will never stop until all available reserves are depleted. So I just never buy anything with high sugar content. Its way easier if you live buy yourself and thus have full control of the contents of your kitchen, although its still tough if you’ve got a boyfriend who likes to come over with chocolate or cookies.
Fruits are also a great way to beat sugar cravings since they’ve got their own natural sugars that are less damaging-although once again, you’ve got to be careful. Eating mangoes and pineapples is a lot worse for your weight than apples and oranges.
If you just force yourself to go cold turkey on sweets for two weeks, you will see the cravings diminish substantially, believe me! After that, portion control gets way easier because the sugar just hits you really soon and you don’t really want to reach for that cookie.

posted over 4 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

have some easy-to-prepare, or pre-prepared alternatives any time you feel like snacking—if it’s too much effort you’ll probably just go for ice cream or a chocolate bar. you could prepare a large batch of some healthier alternative, so you always have it around.

there are tonns of healthy-eating blogs, food websites for inspiration, etc. one thing I’ve read about are frozen bananas—if you chop them up, freeze them, then blend, it tastes just like ice cream (like here).

I’m telling you this even though I don’t follow it myself, but don’t multi-task when eating. you’ll be more likely just to eat when you feel bored, instead of when you feel hungry. like, don’t watch tv or go online while you’re eating because you’ll probably eat more than you would otherwise.

posted over 4 years ago

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

Well, there are quite a lot of tricks you could try.. One thing I can think of right now is, always keep a bottle of water close by. And each time you think of those sweets just drink some water, it’s the healthiest thing in the world and it will fill your stomach so you probably won’t even want that candy that much anymore. Other thing is what people above said, switch chocolate with fruits, they are delicious and I bet when you start eating more healthy things like fruits instead of sweets you will feel much better and won’t need them anymore.
Other thing is, imagine how you will look if you lose that weight. Picture yourself in those clothes you want to wear but don’t think fit you nice right now. And when you see yourself looking gorgeous in them you wouldn’t want to sacrifice that for a chocolate bar or a bowl of ice cream. ^^

posted over 4 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

Thanks for all your advice, guys :) I’ve tried drinking everytime I wanted to eat snacks, but eventually cravings got the better of me…but I’ve discovered that if I’ve got something to keep me busy I don’t feel hungry at all (I was making an ombre skirt today – I am totally in LOVE).

posted over 4 years ago

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

Super nice ^^ That’s a great way to do it, being creative! You’ll end up losing weigth and with new gorgeous stuff at the same time! :D

posted over 4 years ago

projektfashion
Style_council
projektfashion

I put up motivational quotes around my room and print out a huge calendar of what I’m supposed to do each day. I also have a journal of what I eat, because it makes me guilty if I don’t work out.

posted about 4 years ago

RalucaMaria
Style_council
RalucaMaria

have some easy-to-prepare, or pre-prepared alternatives any time you feel like snacking—if it’s too much effort you’ll probably just go for ice cream or a chocolate bar. you could prepare a large batch of some healthier alternative, so you always have it around.

there are tonns of healthy-eating blogs, food websites for inspiration, etc. one thing I’ve read about are frozen bananas—if you chop them up, freeze them, then blend, it tastes just like ice cream (like here).

I’m telling you this even though I don’t follow it myself, but don’t multi-task when eating. you’ll be more likely just to eat when you feel bored, instead of when you feel hungry. like, don’t watch tv or go online while you’re eating because you’ll probably eat more than you would otherwise.

posted about 4 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

There are healthy ice creams like skinny cow and dark chocolate is much better for u!i suggest smaller portions when u get those cravings, exercise, and just try not to buy snacks that are tempting.if u don’t have them around,u don’t have to eat them:)

posted about 4 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

Also,I like to chew gum when im a little hungry after meals and it helps me to stop eating

posted about 4 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I don’t. Embrace the biscuits!

Life’s too short to starve myself.

posted about 4 years ago

livinglearningeating
Style_council
livinglearni...

Don’t eat less (or even stay away from yummy stuff) just look for healthier versions of those things and keep the full-indulgence varieties for now-and-then treats.

For instance, if you’re craving chocolate the Nana’s Cookies Fudgy Wudgy bars are realllllllly good, but they’re all whole grain and there’s no refined sugar – they’re just sweetened with fruits, but you’d never guess that they’re healthy!

As long as you eat a mostly healthy diet, your body will settle to the weight that it ought to be (and that looks and feels good) naturally, no restriction needed! :)

posted about 4 years ago

lavinias
Style_council
lavinias

don’t buy ice-cream and chocolate anymore and tell your parents to do the same. it will probably be hard not to eat, at first, but then it will become naturally. if you have chocolate at home you will only think about eating it (at least i would…), but if you don’t, you won’t eat…

also try eating fruits every time you feel the need to eat something sweet :)

posted about 4 years ago

lavinias
Style_council
lavinias

… or just continue telling yourself: i’m strong enough not to eat sweets, i want to become skinny and happier with the way i look :)

posted about 4 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

I think that the best idea, is just not to buy it so that you can’t be tempted to eat it. You could also substitue sweets like that with fruit, banana chips are really good and some times I make smoothies and those are just as sweet and delicious as ice cream!

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION