SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

So I’m not really unhealthy or anything, but I just feel like I should start getting more active – do you have a regimen that you maintain? I really want to start running – as it really helps you live a healthier lifestyle. Any tips? :)

posted almost 3 years ago
1 2
grayskies
Style_council
grayskies

I try to incorporate some sort of exercise into each day – for example, I walk my dog four mornings a week, and I live downtown in a big city so I walk to the grocery store, post office, bank, etc. instead of driving. Every evening my husband and I will do yoga together – we just follow exercise videos that are available for free at hulu.com. And a couple times a week I’ll do a cardio video on Hulu, like kickboxing.

posted over 2 years ago

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

I wish I worked out every day but I don’t. I find it easiest to incorporate daily activity in small doses. Going from nothing to running an hour a day probably won’t last long. Starting small like 20 minutes a day and increasing the duration as you get stronger, will probably help it become a lasting habit. Unless I’m outside, I hate working out, so if I have to be inside, then I try to do dancing or Wii Fit so it feels like I’m not working out.

posted over 2 years ago

Yass
Style_council
Yass

At least twice a week ;)

posted over 2 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

At least 3 days a week. I aim for more, but usually it’s just 3.

posted over 2 years ago

SAndreea
Style_council
SAndreea

i try to workout as much as possible because i can’t diet,i always end up eating candy :) so i do more exercices usually 3-4 days a week

posted over 2 years ago

silvz
Style_council
silvz

4 times a week!!! usually 2 hours per session!!!

posted over 2 years ago

MIchelleMcDaniel
Style_council
MIchelleMcDa...

I try to work out 4 times a week. Always switching it up so my workouts remain fun and effective.

posted over 2 years ago

Nawsh
Style_council
Nawsh

i wish i had the time and money to go gym around 3 times a week, but sadly ive only got one free day for gym, which i go for a 2hr work out session, followed by 30mins in the sauna :)
Other days, i just skip..with my skipping rope in the garden, or try go jogging in the evening
I walk alot anyways while travelling..
The only thing stopping me from losing weight is my weaknessss for food >.<

posted over 2 years ago

AnnabellandMc
Style_council
AnnabellandMc

I work out 5 days a week! Yoga and toning exercises. I’ve noticed it helps alot with stress, and I’m not so tired all the time.

posted over 2 years ago

anyelina
Style_council
anyelina

I work out 5 days a week ,,, @ hours per session !! . I do different workouts each time to trick my body .

posted over 2 years ago

jadekelly
New_user jadekelly is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jadekelly reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jadekelly

In a normal week I do 8 hours dancing; 4 hours Zumba, 2 hours street dance, 1 hour ballet and 1 hour tap. I try and do a couple of toning classes each week too although I could definitely do with more of that.

I’ve also just started cycling everywhere because getting the bus is lazy and expensive.

And I’ve signed up to do a 5k and 10k for charity in the summer so I need to get training for that! I’m not much of a runner but I’m determined to do it (especially as the 5k I’m doing with a group of friends).

It’s amazing, as this time last year I literally did 0 hours exercise, I never thought I’d be exercising every day.

posted over 2 years ago

SavannahKrystine
Style_council
SavannahKrys...

If you at least run or exercise 3 times a week, it makes a difference. At first it makes you tired, but also makes you feel good about yourself. The more you keep it a routine the more likely you will see change. It is also really good to change it up. Work on your core and arms one day, then the next your legs and cardio, or split each up each day. Keeping your muscles guessing helps the most. Best of Luck.

posted over 2 years ago

ambersweet
Style_council
ambersweet

I never gain weight and I don’t work out, but that’s not a good thing.
Anyway my mate is different! If he’s not at the gym he’s playing hockey, biking, or running. My body tires easy, so I like to walk the park or city a few times a week… I walked the mall a few days ago and counted that as my exercise. That could wipe a person out for real! The nice weather is coming to so a good bike ride and Frisbee sesh may be in order. In-Person styling count as a work out?

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

i try to workout 4 days a week. i take classes twice a week at the gym for an hour. the other 2 days I work out for half an hour-trampoline or on my treadmill depending on the weather!

posted over 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION