SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
livinglearningeating
Style_council
livinglearni...

In the heat I often feel really thirsty, so I drink a lot, but then I feel funny – maybe I drank too much?

posted about 2 years ago
Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I would try to just drink slower and take small sips throughout the day. Try to stop when you are feeling full too so you don’t consume more than you need to. I also feel odd sometimes if I drink a big cup of water too fast, it’s almost like a bloated feeling.

posted about 2 years ago

lavinias
Style_council
lavinias

You can’t get overhydrated. Just drink as much water as you can!

posted almost 2 years ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Actually, I think you can get over-hydration although it is very rare. When you drink too much water, it can wash out the electrolytes that your body needs. This is what causes you to feel woozy or fatigued. If you feel like you need to drink more than normal, balance your fluid intake with electrolyte drinks such as Gatorade (preferably the low-sugar kind).

posted over 1 year ago

lauren922
Style_council
lauren922

I struggle with this too…. how do you know if you are overhydrated?

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I think it’s pretty hard to get ocerhydrated. Like in the summer, you’d have to drink more than a gallon in one day.

posted over 1 year ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

it’s not really a matter of how much you drink, it’s how fast you drink. if you pace yourself over the course of a day, I don’t think a gallon would hurt (you’d have to pee a lot though). but if you tried to chug a liter of water in one sitting, I’m sure you’d feel a little funny.

too much water affects the salt in your blood, so I guess eating a salty snack might help?

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION