SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

I’m pasty white and I’m looking forward to getting out this summer. However, I have been reading more and more about sun ray damage to the skin. I plan on wearing sunblock but will that block the sun so much that my skin will never get a tan? What are some good ways to getting a tan?

posted about 3 years ago
OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

You will get a tan no matter how much sunblock you have on. It just keeps you from getting burned. I don’t think there is anything you can do to get a tan and not somewhat damage your skin. As long as you don’t sit out in the sun constantly, all day everyday without sunblock, or go to the salon and fake bake all the time, you should be fine to some extent. Getting sunburned is what really damages your skin. So, sit out in the sun for a little bit with some sunscreen on and you should get some color in no time!

posted about 3 years ago

ioranisce
Style_council
ioranisce

if you want to get a quick tan, i think the fastest and safest way is getting a spray tan. it is less harmful than exposing your skin to UV rays. sunscreens can only help you as much. hope this helps.

posted about 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I also recommend using self-tanner or getting a spray tan. (And then using sunblock to protect yourself outdoors, even if that feels redundant— but it’s safest). There is no “safe” way to tan in the sun. Even if you do it gradually so you don’t burn, you are still damaging your skin.

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

it’s a myth that wearing sunscreen will prevent you from getting tan—if your skin just can’t tan, that’s not anything related to the sunscreen. one of my friends literally cannot tan—she’s so pale that the only color she can turn is red. you should always wear things with SPF in them, especially for your face. but get a self-tanning lotion/oil (with spf preferably) and soak up some rays at the pool :)

posted about 3 years ago

mykingdomforadress
Style_council
mykingdomfor...

You also get a tan when you’re staying in the shadow.. it just takes a lot longer, but I read that it also lasts longer. Would like to get a tan, but I can’t be outside without SPF 30, preferably 50..

posted almost 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I heard that sally hansen makes a great spray tan. You just spray it in your hand and then wipe it on your body.

kORaZONE
Style_council
kORaZONE

aveeno makes an awesome natural glow body lotion ive never gotten blotchy from using it and its a gradual shade difference so you wont turn orange over night

SabinaIordache
Style_council
SabinaIordache

Tanning is a self-defence mechanism of the skin against the sun’s ultraviolets…there isn’t such a thing as a healthy tan! Sunscreen lotions with high spf will protect you…if you have really pale white skin you should use anything over 30, and don’t stay in the sun between 11-4pm that’s when the UVs are really high. I have medium skin tone and even though i know it’s not healthy i still love to stay on the beach or at the pool all day long and get really tanned during summer!

fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

I would say lotions with added glow… because no tan is really that healthy…

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

i used to use lotions…but i could neverrrrr get it even now i just embrace my pasty white skin :)

S_agapoxxx
Style_council
S_agapoxxx

That’s true – a healthy glow is nice but all in all you are damaging your skin…just make sure you use a high spf and don;t stay out too much. if you feel like you are going red – get out of the sun and stay out of it for a day. I was in Cyprus for 3 weeks and made sure I didn’t over do it once. O have a nice glow and am tanned even though i didn’t spend TONNES of time in the sun. You still catch the sun in the shade too :)

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

Your skin won’t be harmed if you use a “tan in a can” or lotion. I heard Jergens had a good tanning cream.

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

Gradual tanning lotions (like Jergens natural glow) are good to give you a light glow, but to look really tan you need to use a actual sunless tanner (like Xen Tan.) Bronzer can give your face a sun kissed gow.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION