SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Recently, Jennifer Aniston went on Conan O’Brien to talk about her movie, Wanderlust. But she also talked briefly about her experience with laser peels on her face. She looks absolutely wonderful now, but just wondering if any of you guys have tried it? She tells Conan that she “looks like a battered burn victim for a week.” Wow! Intense.

[You can watch the video clip of her talking about it here.]

Supposedly laser treatments, depending what kind of peels you get (i.e., chemical or glycolic acid, etc.) really depends on the ingredients and application. But, what they essentially do to your face is peel off all your outer layer skin and that’s why you get all that “burned look” and because it takes time for your skin to heal, you will end up looking very red and… distraught.

Once the dead skin falls off and your skin starts to build up new cells, your skin is supposedly renewed and will look refreshed.

Do you buy the hype? Have you guys tried? I’m curious!

posted over 2 years ago
MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Laser is used in such various ways to treat the face, it is like the new 20-year old sensation.

A typical laser peel can remove 20% of the skin depending on how damaged the surgeon deems it. This is considered a surgical treatment performed by a plastic surgeon.

And no I have not tried this. I don’t see the hype tbh, it’s yet another american thing?

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I don’t want a laser anywhere near my face. So, no I will not try this.

posted over 2 years ago

projektfashion
Style_council
projektfashion

Laser seems too scary!

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION