Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mercik
Style_council
mercik

Please dont say things like “only YOU know how much you need to lose”

Yeah ok.
But judgeing from my pics, whats your opinion?

And I am NOT offended.

Thanks…

Its good to get peoples opinions who arent related to you or close.

posted over 2 years ago
mercik
Style_council
mercik

Whoever wants me to tell them I will also..
LOL

posted over 2 years ago

ShadowRosePoet
Style_council
ShadowRosePoet

It honestly depends on what sort of body type you’re looking to have. You’re a curvy woman, and honestly that looks good on you. If you want to lose some weight for health, probably 10 to 20 pounds would still be okay. If you want to look super skinny, it would be more, but I don’t think it would fit you as well. Just don’t lose weight for vanity’s sake. Do it for health.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I would say maybe 10 to 15, but then again, I think you look fine as is! I agree with ShadowRosePoet, I don’t think you would look good super skinny and do it for health! If you feel tired a lot or get winded, then maybe upping your activity level is a really good idea. But if you’re already active and feel healthy, then just keep doing what you’re doing!

posted over 2 years ago

TheDashingDiaries
Style_council
TheDashingDi...

I agree with the ladies above. You should leave it as it is, but if you really want to lose some weight, then probably about 10-15. You look beautiful as a curvy person and I don’t think being skinny would suit you. :)

posted over 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

Ha ha ha ha THANK YOU

I REALLY THINK I NEED TO LOSE 30^40 pounds

But I would be happy at 20.

And its NOT for my health.

I’m healthy now.
And I’m 40 years old.

I’m vain and just want to look better.

Lol

I’ve been all sizes through the years

posted over 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

Why is it wrong to lose weight for vanity reasons?
That’s the only reason why I’ve ever been thin.

I’m healthy now.
If I lose weight its just so I can look better.

Sometimes I say its for health just so I won’t piss people off.

But deep inside I know its just about appearances

Those charts aren’t a REAL guide.

posted over 2 years ago

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

I think you look very proportioned as you are. I’m not sure how tall you are, but 15-20 pounds would be a lot on a shorter person! I actually think you have a body that portrays beauty and health. I’d much rather see clothing styled by someone with your body type than a size 0. Size 0 has never been a size I can relate to.

posted over 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

I am @ 155
5 ft 3 1/2
size 10-12

I look my best @ 140

I always look thinner and taller than I am because I have LONG legs and LONG arms.
SHORT WAIST.

I would love to be 120 again..But It takes ALLLLLLLOT of work.
If you look through my pics youll see pics of me in the 80s and 90s when I was thin.

I was HUNGRY!

XXXXOOOOOO

I am 40 years old..
And have ONE child and had 2 pregnancies so it’s really hard at this age to look as good as I once did..

sigh

I really DO love fashion tho and appreciate ALL sizes

and I think there are several women out there way bigger than me who look so much better and carry themselves great, I just know what I want..

And yeah, it’s more for vanity than for health
because I really dont base things on the charts.

posted over 2 years ago

ShadowRosePoet
Style_council
ShadowRosePoet

It’s not to say that vanity is a terrible reason, but it shouldn’t be your only reason. I say this because most diet plans are even worse for your health than just being happy where you are, or just working off a few pounds. If you lose weight for health, it makes you feel better all around, not just about the image in the mirror. But I can understand vanity. When I was a younger girl and weighed even more than you do now, I was not happy. But I also wasn’t healthy. Now I’m a bit taller and weigh about 20 pounds less, and I am healthy and mostly happy.

posted over 2 years ago

livinglearningeating
Style_council
livinglearni...

None – if you’re healthy, you’re fine. You’re rocking your body as is and weight won’t change what matters: how you carry yourself.

posted over 2 years ago

tippiford
Style_council
tippiford

Actually none, you’re so pretty! But if you want to then like the ladies above I think maybe 10.

posted over 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

AWWWWW thank you ladies!!!

LIke I said in my other posts, I really think sooooo many women way bigger than me look awesome..It’s how you carry yourself, feel and whether you are healthy.

But for me, I want to lose 20-30 pounds..

And STAY there for life.
KInda hard over 35 but I am doing it!!!

I think regardless of size we can all rock our OWN styles!!!

Some people give up on fashion when they gain weight or they dont look the way they want to…But fashionable women are ALL sizes!!!

posted over 2 years ago

lavinias
Style_council
lavinias

I think your hair is amazing and I really love your attitude. Also following you! :)) How abou 20 pounds? :)

posted over 2 years ago

jessicacorena
Style_council
jessicacorena

I’m pretty curvy myself and to be honest you look way better than me and I’m a lot younger than you, that’s bad haha.
I would say about 10 – 15 lbs but if you didn’t lose that weight you’d still be perfect. :))

posted over 2 years ago

RussianUnicorn
New_user RussianUnicorn is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When RussianUnicorn reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
RussianUnicorn

I think you look good as is, but everyone looks good when they’re toned up, you could lose 20 lbs &look perfect!

posted over 2 years ago

Luisanafr
Style_council
Luisanafr

you are 40 years old?? you look so young ! and yeah around 15 and you will acomplish your vanity ;)

posted over 2 years ago

venit_vidit_victis
New_user venit_vidit_victis is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When venit_vidit_victis reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
venit_vidit_...

Vanity isn’t a horrible reason to lose weight at all, but remember to lose weight in a healthy manner. Always eat ATLEAST 1200 calories a day and eat healthy fresh foods, not overly processed 100 calorie packs and frozen meals.
Also, you can completely 100% disregard BMI tests to base what a healthy weight for yourself is. They are highly inaccurate and muscle weighs more than fat, so anyone with a high muscle mass will be considered overweight by it’s standards.

posted about 2 years ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

If you’re healthy, stay healthy and don’t lose too much weight. I tried to fight against my bodytype for years, what just made me sick, not just in a psychological sense. So maybe just try to lose 10-15p as a start and then you see how you feel. You’ve gotta start somewhere, then see how much more you can and want to lose.

posted about 2 years ago

LyssBlondish
Style_council
LyssBlondish

20-25 pounds

posted about 2 years ago

Geek_Le_Chic
Style_council
Geek_Le_Chic

I’ve calculated your BMI to be 27.5. A healthy BMI range is 18.5-24.9

I know you don’t want to do it for health reasons, but the medical perspective is the only perspective I know when it comes to advising weight issues. Many people may “feel” like they are healthy, but illnesses like atherosclerosis, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and coronary artery disease are indolent in nature and unfortunately hereditary.

Using the body measurements you provided, a respectable weight goal for you would be 125 pounds. This would be a healthy weight goal and you will look super beautiful as well (although my disclaimer would be that true beauty resonates FROM THE SOUL)

Good luck!!!

posted about 2 years ago

hanichu28
Style_council
hanichu28

You look fabulous dear! You only need to weigh what makes you happy, not others!

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION