SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I haven’t really worked out in months, I think it started after Christmas. I used to go to yoga classes regulary and swimming in the evenings. The winter months have made me lazy, and now my friend wants me to be her new workout buddy. I’m stoked, but I a gym noobie lol what should I do that will be low impact in terms of excercise and not too straining? I want to work my legs, arms and abs the most.

posted over 2 years ago
claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

ohhhhh newbie lol
I was like wtheck is a noob hahh

I think your best bet is to just ask your friend about the gym . Afterall you guys are going to be “workout buddies” so atleast you won’t be alone:)

posted over 2 years ago

Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

You should do flexibility exercises before working out :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iY5V0xiiKw

posted over 2 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

thanks everyone!

posted over 2 years ago

ChicBabydoll
Style_council
ChicBabydoll

the personal trainers at my gym recommend doing 20 minutes of cardio and then either leg or arm machines but never both leg + arm on the same day. (:

posted over 2 years ago

MedeeaM
Style_council
MedeeaM

Is yoga efficient?

posted over 2 years ago

Mrs_V
Style_council
Mrs_V

10 minutes of cardio before a workout, and 10 minutes afterward.
You can get away with working out abs 6 days a week, but doing arms and legs different days.
Also if you’re going for a strong leg workout, make sure you carb up the day of, before hand, because legs are the biggest muscle part of your body and requires a lot of fueling.
I would suggest doing a chest and arms workout one day, back the next, and legs two different days (leg press and curls one day, and squats and calves another.)

posted about 2 years ago

Annaindeed
Style_council
Annaindeed

My strength training teach said that it’s best to use free weights. While there is a higher chance of injury (not much), there’s greater range, and thus uses/works the muscles better! 30-60min of strength training can do wonders. After a semester of classes twice a week but 30-40min of cardio once a week (and good eatting), my body looked so nice and toned. Now I need to start up again, lol. Don’t stop once you start, because it’s a lot easier to lose all that you’ve worked for than to gain it back again… .____.’ whoops

posted about 2 years ago

nocturnalpandaa
Style_council
nocturnalpandaa

Honestly, if you just want to work your legs, arms, and abs, you don’t really need a gym. Just go out and run everyday with your friend for at least 20 minutes. If you can’t do 20 minutes right away that’s fine. Just try to build up so you can get in at least 20 minutes of cardio. Also don’t forget to warm up and stretch before!

Afterwards stretch, and do lots of abs and pushups! I like to do 10 normal sit ups, 10 side on each side, 10 with my legs crossed, 10 with my legs up, and 10 sit ups. Do 3 sets of this. Then you can do planks, v-sits, etc.

This was basically the general schedule for my cross country team, except we went for distance and reps more than time. It really tones you. :D

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION