Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  professional hair care
shadowcat
Style_council
shadowcat

I used to dye my hair, but not so much, just few times , though the color was black . Now I stopped and letting my hair to fade and grow to its natural . But its so damaged and dry dry dry :(
Any good mask, shampoos ?? I’ve tried so much, nothing really helps :/

• would really appreciate brands that don’t test on animals )*
posted over 2 years ago
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I’ve had this same problem a few times. The main problems could be washing it too much…I washed my hair every second day and I was told not to by my hairdresser because it was stripping my scalp of oil. It’;s important not to wash your hair too much because this strips away the oil your scalp and hair needs to be healthy. It could also be your diet – make sure you are eating plenty of veggies and fruits, and flax seed oil is fantastic as well.

I’ve tried a great mask just last week for silky, healthy hair – Combine one egg, a couple tablespoons olive oil, one avacado and a little yogurt. Mix well and apply to wet hair (this allows the nutrients to penetrate better) and leave on for about a halff hour. Rinse and shampoo/condition as normal :) your hair should feel strong, healthy and look shiny.

posted over 2 years ago

lovemarta
Style_council
lovemarta

I was the same way! I would dye my hair every month and had all kinds of colors, from black to red to purple to blond…you name it, I had it && I would curl or straighten my hair everyday so by now my hair is SUPER dead but I like to do a hair mask, try anything that has Henna in it, you can get a little pauch for about $2 at any CVS, I also like using the shampoos for horses (Tail & Main) it really helps! I take Biotin daily (take it at night, your body absorbs it better) and I don’t do anything with heat anymore, I let my hair air dry and I go all natural!
I see a huge differance in my hair, and they’re thicker too (I have VERY thin hair)

GOOD LUCK!

posted over 2 years ago

shadowcat
Style_council
shadowcat

thanks girls, I think vitamins are important , I eat fruits and veggies lots but I think is not enough :)
And I try not to use curling iron anymore , and straightening one I just hate. Thanks for advices :)

posted over 2 years ago

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

I don’t have dry hair, but I do have oily hair! It’s gotten a lot better now that I’ve switched to baby shampoo and stopped using conditioner because after numerous research, the oils on my hair act as a “conditioner.”

With that in mind, just like what others suggest, maybe you could invest in a really good shampoo and sometimes harsh shampoos (usually the ones that smell super good!) are the worse! Also, I’ve heard Moroccan oil does well with some gals!

Hm, I just remembered my friend has super dry hair and she says that sometimes it comes into a frizzball (she’s Chinese) and she has to straighten it (weird since I thought heat with dry hair makes it drier!). But she said straightening it (with the ions and stuff, so make sure you use ceramic – it’s less drying) helped her dry hair – temporarily.

Good luck! Here’s a site that I discovered that seems to be a good way of relieving the dryness in the hair, naturally! 10 Home Remedies For Dry Hair

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

I found some super conditioning stuff at any store that has hair products called 3 Minute mask by Garnier Fructis. Other brands have it, i’m not sure how they work but it does add moisture and softness to my hair.
Also,
Since I have curly dry hair, I try to style my hair with cremes rather than mouse or sprays which adds more moisture!

posted over 2 years ago

KrystaV
New_user KrystaV is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KrystaV reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KrystaV

What worked very well for a friend of mine with dry hair was using argan oil.
She also only uses shampoos that don’t contain parabens or sls (sls is a very strong industrial grade soap ingredient that will dry out your hair insanely). Say yes to cucumbers is the brand she used, but there are a lot of them out there.

posted over 2 years ago

shadowcat
Style_council
shadowcat

I bought stuff that has argan oil in it. Will be trying it soon . Smells really really good :)

posted over 2 years ago

TimeaMarkus
Style_council
TimeaMarkus

I had damaged hair too,and i decided to cut a little bit more from my hair..and now its ok,but my hair is still dry

posted over 2 years ago

Idhren
Style_council
Idhren

I’ve been there – I have naturally very curly and DRY hair, so I’ve had to learn the tricks. The secret seems to be to AVOID silicones in shampoos and conditioners (just use them with leave-in conditioners to seal the ends) and opt for keratin conditioners. The silicones (dimethicone and anything with -cone ending) form a film on the hair which doesn’t let anything good inside the hair, but it “masks” the hair to look more healthy when it really isn’t.

Keratin is something the hair and our nails have naturally, and it is what gets damaged. With keratin conditioners such as Joico K-Pak Deep Repair or Mill Creek’s you can repair your hairs natural state!

Using keratin can be sometimes tricky, as it needs hydration in order to work, so I mix it up with really moisturising conditioners. Then just leave it, anywhere from 5 minutes to one hour, rinse and tadaa, soft, healthy hair!

When you pick your conditioner, make sure keratin or hydrolized keratin is among the top ingredients on the list, the very top five I’d say, to make sure there’s enough of it.

posted over 2 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

Using coconut oil and heating it, then massaging it into your scalp and over your hair would help :) It’s called a hot oil massage.

posted over 2 years ago

Andreea21
Style_council
Andreea21

try Avon advance techniques daily shine dry ends serum! it saves my hair everyday!

posted over 2 years ago

aliceka
New_user aliceka is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When aliceka reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
aliceka

Don’t wash it everyday. It will feel gross to begin with but if your hair is super dry, no one will notice. Also condition it everyday and set aside one day a week (I chose Sunday) to do a full and thorough condition using a heatmask or something. Don’t use heat on it unless you are going to a special event. Try not to blow dry it either.

posted over 2 years ago

ciuxy
Style_council
ciuxy

argan oil, olive oil

posted over 2 years ago

aniiita258
Style_council
aniiita258

Heat a little olive oil, put it on your hair and let it for about 30 minutes. This will hydrate your hair so much ! And also when you wash your hair do not wash it in a aggressive way.

posted over 2 years ago

claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

you can try a hot oil treatment every month or so:)
I had the exact same problem and now my hair is back to normal:)

posted over 2 years ago

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

The absolute best product that I can recommend to you is Moroccan Oil. I’ve turned a few of my friends onto it and they report back within a couple of days that their hair is totally transformed and feeling better. I have ombre hair and a lot of bleach on the ends of my hair, and my hair has never felt so soft.

If you try the Organix brand, it’s very cheap and a little goes a long way. :)

posted over 2 years ago

deli_a
Style_council
deli_a

try a homemade mask with olive oil and honey

posted over 2 years ago

Siesie
Style_council
Siesie

I use this mixture on my hair, and it does wonders. “Homemade” deep conditioners are the best, but different ingredients are better for different people. This might work for you until your figure out your own:

Coconut oil (this stuff by itself is an amazing conditioner!), olive oil, honey, and that conditioner that comes in a tube with hair dye (it’s the best store-bought conditioner I’ve ever used). I can’t remember all the brands I’ve tried, but I know Loreal is a good brand.

If you leave it in for a while and let it soak in before you wash it out, it works even better. Also, don’t use shampoo on the ends of your hair. The ends are far away from your scalp, so they don’t get as much natural oil. Only use conditioner on the ends. Shampoo washes out the oils and makes the hair even dryer. If you can, also use a cone-free shampoo. V05, Suave, and White Rain are a few brands, and you can get them for as cheap as $1.

Browse through the articles at the Long Hair Community. Even if you’re not trying to grow out your hair, their tips can help you. They’re hair gurus.

http://longhaircommunity.com/

posted over 2 years ago

janggeungulk
New_user janggeungulk is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When janggeungulk reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
janggeungulk

I think you use the Dry hair shampoo of L'oreal,Garnier,Himalaya products.These are the products are good for our hair.

posted 10 months ago

livinglearningeating
Style_council
livinglearni...

Make sure you're eating enough healthy fats - hair on a low-fat diet just generally doesn't look as good!

posted 10 months ago

CeolaDavis
New_user CeolaDavis is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When CeolaDavis reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
CeolaDavis

One of the best ways to maintain dry frizzy hair is to hydrate it on a regular basis. Try to avoid over washing your hair, as this action can strip hair of its natural oils. Do not forget to use some type of lotion, serum or spray before using hot appliances. Also, stay away from blow dryers as much as possible and laways use professional hair care products only. A healthy and balanced diet is also essential for healthy hair. Eat lot of fresh fruits and vegetables to get all necessary nutrients. It is also essential to avoid dehydration causing substances like coffee and alcohol. Now, you are free to use these tips to get shiny and healthy hair naturally.

posted 9 months ago

purplewang
Style_council
purplewang

I've heard that hair oil helps a lot with dry ends. You can also DIY it and just put some olive oil at the tips of your hair to add moisture.

Hope that helps!! Good luck!

posted 4 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION