Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tawana_basutu
New_user tawana_basutu is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tawana_basutu reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tawana_basutu

So here’s the thing. I have multiple skirts, high waist , hip sitters, long , wide skinny and so on. And about one pair of shorts. Recently I’ve been on the search for a good pair of shorts. I keep finding them and i try them on then i look in the mirror and i’m like…..‘No’. But no matter what skirt i pick up out try it on all i think is…..’Yes". So i wanted to know has this ever happened to anyone where one specific item looks amazing but another looks…ughh?

posted over 3 years ago
literalloren
Style_council
literalloren

I can relate. Shorts can be a fun summer piece, but they don’t always comliment my body. I have a pear-shaped body, with most of my weight concentrated in my thighs and tummy, so I look for high-waisted shorts to give the illusion of a small waist.

posted over 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’m definitely more of a “skirt” girl. I am pear-shaped with wide hips and a butt, with long torso and low waist. I look good in most skirts, since most of them sit on or near the waist and bell out to disguise how much wider my lower body is than my upper body.

Good shorts are harder to find for me. When I do wear shorts, I look for the kind that sort of look like skirts anyway: sit on the waist and bell outward in a sort of A-line shape. (Like this or this). But I cannot do shorts that are very short or tight, or that sit on my hips instead of my waist. (Which are how most shorts are designed /-:). They make my thighs and hips look huge!

posted over 3 years ago

KarenKay
New_user KarenKay is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KarenKay reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KarenKay

Definitely go for the shorts that sit on your waist! You’ll have a gorgeous silhouette :)

posted over 3 years ago

kirbyn
Style_council
kirbyn

I’m totally a skirt person. I have short, stubby legs haha and bigger thighs so shorts just don’t look right on me, but skirts cover up everything bad. I did find one pair of vintage high waisted denim shorts and those are the only one’s I’ll wear. try some high waisted ones!

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION