SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Just wondering because I got sick twice in one month!! Maybe it’s just my poor immune system? Haha.

posted almost 2 years ago
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

You should really consider getting a flu shot! My cousin who lives in DC usually gets the flu like 3-5 times during winter months. She got the shot this year and said she hasn’t gotten sick yet.

Oh, don’t forget to take vitamin c too!

Chicyoyo
Style_council
Chicyoyo

it depends, I always got sort of fever after the shot, recover after a few days… some people like it very much though

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I think so

posted over 1 year ago

GracieJ
New_user GracieJ is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When GracieJ reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
GracieJ

Yeah they usually do, i mean some people still end up getting the flu, but the shot gives you a better fighting chance of not getting it. The liquid they give you i the shot is actually a light version of the flu,so If you get sorta sick right after the shot,its just your immune system building antibodies to fight the flu.

posted over 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I personally do not trust it. As a Medical Assistant I’m constantly giving Flu vaccinations and it seems to be fine for my patients, however I would never get that immunization

posted over 1 year ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

You might consider it, but then again, they might just make you sick. Once, when I was at the doctors, I overheard a nurse complaining about how they always made her sick and she wished she didn’t have to get them!

They can protect you from the most common strains in a particular flu season, but they’re not a 100% guaranteed, since there are countless strains of the flu virus. Also, they won’t prevent colds or stomach flus.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION