SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mercik
Style_council
mercik

Ok, I know I am not alone here. I have some family members who claim they mean well but they are ALWAYS mentioning how “big” I am and how I need to lose weight.
I have been many different sizes through the years.
And right now I am very curvy and need to lose a few pounds but I wouldnt say I am that big. But I have some people in my life who constantly criticize my weight and it’s very depressing.
Does anyone else go through this?

posted almost 2 years ago
hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

Oh yes, my family does the same thing. It used to bother me A LOT but now I just block it out and work out to shut them up. They are probably unhappy with themselves and are taking it out on you because you react to their comments.
Stop listening and start focusing on what you need to do in order to be healthy :)

Koroneska
Style_council
Koroneska

i have different siuation ! my family told me that i`m skinny but my friend telling me i`m fat !

GingerGamine
Style_council
GingerGamine

My family makes fun of me ALL the time. Not only am I the shortest, I have the biggest chest. As long as you’re happy with your body, what they say doesn’t matter.

mercik
Style_council
mercik

Thank you for responding…
It can get tiring when you hear the comments.

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I actually get the opposite and I am in no way skinny. But in my culture, being plump is seen as a good thing so I always have my mom and dad on my case telling me to eat more. (apparently if your collar bones show, you are too skinny). However, my college roommate who is actually really skinny would constantly tell me how relatives would tell her how fat she is. I just don’t get it… but you know people comment and pick on others because they are lacking themselves.

thatyellowtutu
Style_council
thatyellowtutu

My friends tease me that my face is too chubby. But my family tells me that I’m too skinny and that I look sick because of it. They don’t believe me when I say that I eat a lot and even eat right on time.

AlexandraB
Style_council
AlexandraB

Everyone tell me I’m skinny ( except my mom ), but I just don’t care this is who I am, the way I am and I love myself despite the fact everyone remind me how thin I am. ^^ Just head up girl and ignore bothering comments !

posted over 1 year ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

No one says anything to me now because I had a baby a few years ago so they know they’d get smacked! LOL. But honestly, there would be jabs now and then growing up (which I find now to be detrimental to a child’s self esteem), and if I ever have a daughter I will never mention things like this. There’s no point.

But I will say that now I get made fun of all the time because I like fashion. My shoes get called hooker heels when they’re just normal high heels, and I get asked if I’m going clubbing if I’m just wearing a summer dress. Maybe next time i should respond, “yes, mom. I am going clubbing. Country clubbing.” :)

posted over 1 year ago

ragilmega
Style_council
ragilmega

my extended family, yes.. but the comment is not valid at all as they only see me through Webcam. In fact, I think I’ve lost 10 pounds since the last time we met.

posted over 1 year ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

Oh my grandma is always saying I need to lose weight!

I’m not too fussed though. When I lose weight, she just finds something else to comment on!

posted over 1 year ago

_b0mbshell
New_user _b0mbshell is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When _b0mbshell reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
_b0mbshell

Yes but it’s the opposite. I’ve been small and under weight all my life. It kills me when people, especially members of my family, make comments like “you need to eat a sandwich” or “you’re all skin and bones” I know some people would literally die to be thin but I would do the exact opposite. I’ve been trying to gain weight for as long as I can remember and nothing has ever worked. I’m 19 years old and body is my biggest insecurity.

posted over 1 year ago

Jessymen
Style_council
Jessymen

It’s always from my mom and aunts. They like to grab onto my arm to squish and later comment how “healthy” I am.

posted over 1 year ago

allicinwonderland
Style_council
allicinwonde...

First of all, Mercik, you look great. Second, when I was in middle school, my mom would tell me to suck in my stomach all the time. I took it really personally, but I recently realized, about 10 years later, that I walk around with my abs engaged it makes my back feel better and it opens up my hip joints so they aren’t so tight all the time. I wish I had listened to what my mom was trying to tell me without taking it personally. I’m not saying your family members mean well, maybe they don’t, I have no idea. But maybe they do

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION