SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

Are are any of you guys interested in belly dancing? What are your tips? and where can you find good costumes?

posted over 3 years ago
Daladoir
Style_council
Daladoir

I can’t afford or find any classes in my area so I just do it in the living room using videos I find online.

I haven’t bought any outfits yet because I don’t plan on performing for anyone though.

posted over 3 years ago

ReginaDiCuori
Style_council
ReginaDiCuori

I love belly dancing!! the practice for about a year. my costume (http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/453374-BELLY+DANCE-aquamarine-skirt-turquoise-blue-gold-and-blue-belt-navy-gold-and-turquoise-) I bought in a shop in Rome of an Egyptian. Best Costume and accessories will make them! accessories such as necklaces, earrings, bracelets and anklets bindi ordered them on Ebay from sellers Egyptian!

posted over 3 years ago

FASHION5
New_user FASHION5 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When FASHION5 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
FASHION5

I love belly dancing. I don’t have an outfit, but I watch this show called shimmy in the morning. It’s fun it makes me feel good.

posted over 3 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I love bellydancing! Just started taking classes and it’s a great feeling :) more confidence and a tighter tummy!

posted over 3 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

don’t worry about it. gaining weight isn’t a woman’s problem, losing weight is. you’re probably fine.

posted over 3 years ago

Littlemissmd
New_user Littlemissmd is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Littlemissmd reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Littlemissmd

I have been a belly dancer since I was 6—no lie. Actually I was trained in classical middle eastern styles then took egyptian cabaret as my focus at 13. I taught for years and the advice I gave all my students was to learn the translation of the lyrics to the song you dance to so that you can tell the story with your body. And don’t misrepresent the ancient art—it has been commercialized as erotic rather than exotic. Belly dance is dance for women by women—not a strip club act ;)

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION