Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  cleaneatinghealthy eatinghealthy foodslovenotskinnystrong
GirlsOftheNYC
Style_council
GirlsOftheNYC

Hey,

I’m trying to lose 45 lbs. I’m feeling pretty discouraged and I would really appreciate talking to someone who has been in or is currently in that boat (30+ lb weight loss).

posted about 1 year ago
Mellanovha
Style_council
Mellanovha

I’m in your situation right now. I think the best thing is make your goal to lose at least a pound a week, don’t think about how many pounds you still have to lose. That’s the discourage path, the best thing we can do it just concentrate on working out, eat healthy, drink tons of water. Tomorrow I’m going to the gym and I’m thinking how much fun I can have and not how many pounds I can lose, because the more you look at the scale, the more discourage you become…Let’s keep in touch if you want..Here’s my email hablemosfashion@gmail.com
Remember this WE CAN DO IT!! DON’T GIVE UP!!!! :)

posted about 1 year ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I know it’s hard to be patient, but do it slowly! Find lifestyle changes that work for you and that you can stick to! I made little tweaks to my life and, most importantly, focused on my happiness and the weight slowly melted away. I’ve lost 60 pounds total and have been able to keep it off for 6 years! Focus on eating good things, like veggies, which will fill the space that you want to stuff with bad things :) Also, do as much walking as you possibly can. I just read an article in the Wall Street Journal that said studies were finding that walking and being active everyday worked better than the “3 times a week” routine. It keeps your metabolism going at a steady pace without wearing you out.

Lastly, stop focusing on the number! As they say, time flies when you’re having fun and I think the pounds naturally come off when you’re enjoying life, so focus on getting rid of the feeling that your value is connected to your weight, because It most certainly is not :)

posted about 1 year ago

GirlsOftheNYC
Style_council
GirlsOftheNYC

posted about 1 year ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

Taking daily walks (40minutes at least) will not only help you to lost weight but also keep the metabolism burning after you reach the goal,because its very easy to gain those pounds again and in a very fast amount of time.for me gym never worked i cant follow crazy aerobics teachers so that was my solution(i had lost much more than 45lbs )and of course dont eat a lot of sugar or unhealthy food.only a bit because if you private from all at first you will be craving for them and can be tempted anytime

posted about 1 year ago

BcoolNgreat
Style_council
BcoolNgreat

I am not in that category. But I can give you a simple advice. Firstly, you have to realise that one puts on weight because of too much eating or less exercise or both. But mostly it is because your intake of food is too much. So ask the question: Am I hungry? If the answer is NO. then don’t eat. Also, soon after dinner, brush your teeth, Then you don’t feel like eating. But what ever you do, keep motivated and focused.

posted about 1 year ago

RonBarba
New_user RonBarba is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When RonBarba reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
RonBarba

I have tried all the possible diets out there and the only thing that works for me is healthy eating. All those temporary diet programs might work for a few weeks or months but never long term so it is better to cut out all processed foods and still to natural foods. For recipes and health tips please follow my blog! :) http://itssweetcouture.tumblr.com/post/57433361845/love-bugs-and-ravishing-roses thanks!

posted 9 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION