SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
rainingpaperlilies
Style_council
rainingpaper...

I’ve been considering chopping my current bob into a pixie…
But I don’t know if I have the features for it.
Does anyone have any idea of what sort of face this typically works on?

posted almost 6 years ago
queenlazy
Style_council
queenlazy

I would say heart shaped or oval. But there are probably styles for every face shape. A good hairdresser should be able to help you!

kaleidoscopeeyes
Style_council
kaleidoscope...

heres my rule:
if you have a square jaw and straight jawline you can get away with any length of hair
if you have a sloping jawline you shouldn’t cut your hair any shorter than chin-length
also, if you have a double chin I wouldn’t recommend a short haircut

crissy
Style_council
crissy

I’ve seen people with different face shapes from heart & oval rock a pixie cut.
You have really pretty eyes so I’m sure you could pull it off.

Illuminate
Style_council
Illuminate

High cheek bones and big eyes.

artemisthierry
Style_council
artemisthierry

I just looked at your blog, and I think you could absolutely pull it off!

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

by looking at your face shape, i think you could do it! oval shaped faces are ideal for all haircuts and it looks like you have one. consider what a pixie cut is going to accentuate: are you okay with your ears? do you like your forehead? these two spots will be shown the most. pixie cuts work well on people with delicate features. soft jawline, smaller nose, round eyes, small forehead.

if you’re still nervous, you can always ask the stylist to cut your hair forward so that it frames your face. this can close your face in if there is a feature you don’t really want to stand out. it all depends on what you want. but i do think it would look great on you!

posted over 5 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

I agree with AngelaSeeAngelaBlog. I find it that people with ice splitting cheekbones pull off pixie cuts extremely well also.

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

i have a pixie cut … my face is oval, and i have a big forehead w/ a widow’s peak hairline so i’ve got a biggish sideways fringe with it. My cheekbones are quie defined and i have a little nose.

I honestly think you should get it done whatever the face shape, unless you’re self conscious about your jawline/ chin/cheeks because a pixie cut will draw attention to the lower half of yer face!

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION