SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mjp13
Style_council
mjp13

So i know that anyone can be stylish at any size, and that you should be happy with your own body, but I am kind of having body image issues. Whenever I eat anything, I feel sick and guilty. So I am trying to correct this unhealthy mind set before this develops into an eating disorder or something.
How does everyone manage their weight? Or lose weight in a healthy way?

posted about 6 years ago
1 2
poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

Look at your good physical traits … for instance, my legs are really stumpy for someone of my height (seriously – when i’m in a t shirt that doesn’t quite meet the waistband of really low-riding jeans, you’d think somebody cut my legs off at the knee!) , but they’re in awesome shape, so i don’t feel the need to hide them. Then you can dress to flaunt what you DO have.

posted almost 6 years ago

blonderedhead
Style_icon
blonderedhead

i was in the same boat. my older sister was the hot girl in school, and i envied her. she became anorexic and people liked her even more. i did everything she did, including starving myself. i was so unhappy. my health deteriorated. i looked like i was dying. everyone talked about me behind my back. i realized what i was doing to myself. and at a young age, eating disorders can ruin your metabolism for life. i caught myself in time and changed my ways. so i gained a few pounds? i felt guilty for eating, but it felt good to eat some food!
instead i learned how to eat right. i really enjoy exercising. it’s proven to release endorphins (feel good stuff).
health, fitness and image are overwhelming, so i suggest small changes at a time. learn that your health is most important. talk to a dietician. that was a big step for me. not all people are the same, so you need to learn your own body before you try diets and certain exercise.
when you love your body and take care of it the right way, it is so empowering and feels good! i’ll never go back to my unhealthy ways!

murph
Style_council
murph

Please don’t ever feel bad for eating. Because food is your bodies survival. The healthier you eat, the more you can eat! So eat whenever you want. But eat healthy things. And after a while, you wont even want to eat crap anymore. Try to lower your processed sugar intake. Get rid of soda. Replace it with water. Start preparing your own meals. Add little bits of exercise appropriate to your lifestyle. It’s not fast but eventually you start to feel comfortable with yourself. It took me 11 years to even put on a skirt that went above the knee. Fuck the way you think everyone thinks you look. the more confident you are the more beautiful you will look.
-tony robbins

Sexy_Sadie
Style_council
Sexy_Sadie

Look as someone who passed by anorexia/bulimia as a teen I got to tell you that we all are different… and the best way to get over any weight issue is just to love you the way you are… never feel guilty, right now I’m on my way of loosing some weight that I gained while living in the USA and because of those diseases I can’t make a diet… but this is what I do:

*Before you have breakfast drink natural cranberry juice, it’s a bit expensive, but it helps clean your digestive track and also your skin will look amazing…
*Drink at least 2 liters of water
*Don’t drink soda
*Stay away from junk food

and that’s pretty much it!

Fredy
Style_council
Fredy

I totally understand your problem. Sometimes I have problems with my body image as well. I’m not superskinny but a lot of girls I know are. (Seriously they’re “less than zero” girls.) Plus I got my hips/women’s figure at the age of 12…

Anyway what I’m trying to say is: just try to be happy with yourself and try to stop caring about what other people think. It sounds so easy but it’s oh-so-hard. For me it works to rationalise everything away: What size am I? What size is the average? So that makes me thin. Most people don’t like superskinny girls because they look starved. Clothes often look better on a woman that doesn’t look like a skeleton. etc.

It’s hard and we all go through times where we strongly dislike parts of our body. But just try to stay healthy at all times.

mariSHKA
Style_council
mariSHKA

The thing is that lots of people will tell you you should feel good about yourself but others will say that contenting yourself with a middle weight isn’t good enought you have to go down…
My main motivation to losing weight is coz I can’t find a thing to fit me where I live in land of the “People with a BMI of over 20 don’t exist” China. But I also find myself coming back to food as a comfort for my loneliness…

The thing is
If people don’t make you feel good you won’t try hard.

neen_cicero
Style_council
neen_cicero

ways to be healthy and thin: high fiber, high protein, but don’t cut essential things out of your diet… keep balance… high fiber foods make you feel full and satisfy hunger (naturally) to where you wont want lots of food… stay away from processed foods, most have little nutrition (and high calories) which leaves your body wanting more because the food is lacking essential nutrients your body needs (marketing strategy from companies)… also artificial sweeteners are linked to lower metabolism (and brain cancer) so i would cut our diet sodas, and to be honest all soda in general… so if you want to burn fat off easier go natural and learn to cook and drink lots of water… also if you like treats it is usually healthier and lower calories to make them at home from scratch then to go to a restaurant to get treats or to buy them at the store because they use more fatty ingredients and high sodium and sugars and if you make it yourself you can use more quality ingredients and less (i recommend organic)… and diet pills lower metabolism over time… the best thing to do is to develop a healthy life style, stick with it and stay away from quick fix diets or quick fix anything… also though starving yourself might get you skinny, eventually you will gain the weight back and more because when your body feels like it is starving it goes in “starvation mode” and panics and starts storing extra fat, in areas like love handles and all those area that you don’t want it… so not only is this unhealthy it is not effective in the long run… i can honestly go on forever about health stuff, i’m a health nut… but i’ll stop since this is a fashion site ;) oh and exercise, i suggest pilates and/ or yoga if you want a lean toned body…

Chloeee
Style_council
Chloeee

Well you can try to eat a bit less for every meal. Don’t eat until you’re stuffed. and break down your snacks ( which i switch for fruits mostly) but still treat yourself once in a while(like a week). MOVE more is the key, i guess.

Miss_Lydia
Style_council
Miss_Lydia

I hate the weight battle as much as everyone else.
When I was younger I was really skinny .. I had a very fast metabolism ; I did Tae Kwon Do , Skating classes , Swimming classes and normal gym class. Right when I hit first year uni .. I gained a fast amount of weight ..around 15-20 . I am now in 3rd year ..and I constantly battle with my weight … its hard being in university and maintain a healthy gym and diet habit. Im usually up past 12 studying … meaning I have dinner around 5 …and try try try try try not to eat and night ..but its SOOO hard sometimes.You can be in the library in one spot for hours … your stomach grumbles !

THis year I have been cutting my carbs , drinking tons of water , and going to the gym atleast 3 times aweek. Im trying to up my gym since its bathing suit season soon ..but yea .. as long as you watch what you eat and get some workouts in … you CAN maintain /lose weight.

posted over 5 years ago

Miss_Lydia
Style_council
Miss_Lydia

BTW I just had the biggest craving for candy …

whats even BETTER ?
FROZEN GREEN GRAPES

healthy ..and sour ;)

posted over 5 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

Eating disorders CAN screw with your body for the rest of your life. After a three year stint of anorexia in high school/college, some kinds of digestive bacteria in my stomach and intestines have completely died out. I can’t get them back, and I have to take live-culture pills everyday so I don’t get sick when I eat. It’s something I truly regret doing; it’s not healthy and it’s not smart.

One thing I have learned that really helps is when you think you are hungry, drink a glass of water first. A lot of the time your brain can mistake thirst for hunger, so if you drink water and are still hungry, then you know you actually are.

Miss_Lydia: I LOVE frozen grapes!

posted over 5 years ago

Sexy_Sadie
Style_council
Sexy_Sadie

If you ever feel guilty drink tons of water…

posted over 5 years ago

ParisTarts
Style_council
ParisTarts

Just eat five 200-300 calorie meals a day. Work out insanely and you’ll be good.

posted over 5 years ago

madamushroom
Style_council
madamushroom

Like everything in life it’s all about balance. Too much or little of anything can become problematic. I personally try to eat healthy more often than not, but if i do munch out on not so good for you foods i am sure to have a couple days of extra exercise, water and healthy foods to counter act it.

posted about 3 years ago

KarinaaaaG
Style_council
KarinaaaaG

Work out at least three times a week and maintain a healthy diet(: Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner and you’re set! Trust me(: Drink and eat lots and lots of protein too! And water!

posted over 2 years ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

Don’t stop eating, just eat better. More vegetables, more fruit, search about it and I’m sure you’ll find at least one vegetable/fruit you like. Then try to eat it many times in the week, instead of eating something unhealthy.

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

PLEASE don’t bump old, off topic posts!

posted about 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION