SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
becalala
Style_council
becalala

my eyebrows are very light, and I have very light skin. Any tips on how to get them darker, by makeup or anything?
What do you guys with blonde eyebrows do?

posted about 4 years ago
rocket_girl
Style_council
rocket_girl

I don’t have blonde eyebrows, but have you tried MAC’s brow gel? You could go to the counter and get matched for them!

posted about 4 years ago

Odette11
Style_council
Odette11

you could buy the lightest brow kit from any makeup counter or at sephora (:

posted about 4 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

Some people dye their eyebrows a different color and some people use pencils.

posted about 4 years ago

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

I’m not blonde, but have made up people who are. I wouldn’t recommend dyeing your brows. Either use a brow pencil, tinted gel or a brow powder. Pencil and powder will do better at filling your brows in if they tend to look a bit sparse, gel will define and colour the hairs that are already there but won’t add as much fullness.

Brow powder is pretty foolproof, just use an angled brush to apply it in small strokes in the direction of hair growth. Until you’ve perfected it, I’d start from the arch of your eyebrow and work out, then go back to the arch and work your way in. If you start at the inside corner it can look unnatural, as most people’s brows are lighter/more sparse towards their nose. Don’t be too heavy-handed – you can always add more.

With pencil, make short feathery hair-like strokes in areas of your brow that need building up. You need a harder formula than you’d use in say, an eyeliner, for precision. Pencil generally looks more precise than powder, which looks softer and hazier, so it depends on your preference.

Colourwise, look for a light taupe colour (ashy brown-grey) unless you’re strawberry blonde (in which case you need a warmer colour with a bit of red to it). MAC eyeshadow in Omega is a great colour for blonde eyebrows. Laura Mercier, MAC and Lancome make good “blonde” colours in a pencil format. Shu Uemura Hard Formula 9 pencils are great brow pencils, but you’re out of luck if you’re in the US, as Shu was recently discontinued there.

posted about 4 years ago

PurpleLabNYC
Style_council
PurpleLabNYC

to define light or sparse brows, try a brow pencil. they come in lots of shades and are totally user-friendly. try sketching on light, short strokes to mimic the shape of your eyebrows. finish off with a clear brow gel to set and you’ll be looking fab!

posted almost 4 years ago

tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

try dying, or a deeper pencil

GlitterRockstar
Style_council
GlitterRockstar

When I’m doing a makeup application on someone with blonde eyebrows, I usually go two shades darker. Nothing extreme – Just a little tint. You could try going to a professional to have them tinted but make sure you choose carefully. I knew a girl with the prettiest natural blonde eyebrows and she had them tinted dark, reddish, brow. Clashed with her hair colour and just looked awful.

becalala
Style_council
becalala

Hmm well mine aren’t shaped, I don’t think they could be shaped nicely because there’s not much hair on the end.
But I’ve decided to leave them, I can always add them if needed. Plus the light brow thing is kind of in fashion!

IntrinsicallyFlorrie
Style_council
Intrinsicall...

I used to be naturally blonde when I was little and my eyebrows have always been quite light.
Invisi-brows you might say. It depends on the light but sometimes you can barely tell they’re there!
My sister’s jealous of them but she also plucked hers to literally one hair thick.
Not sure how I came around to the idea but there’s a mid-brown eyeshadow I have which I use to fill them in sometimes. Whether this is recomended or not I have no idea!! Was scared off pencils the one time I asked at a make up counter- trust me, it was bad- so I’m thinking I’ll have to try again.
Anyway, if you’ve decided your happy to leave them that’s fabulous! =)

Skotch
Style_council
Skotch

I dye my eyebrows, what i do is a get a mascara brush and use that to apply the dye to them. You could get someone else to do it for you so you can keep your eyes closed. 15 -20minuets with the dye on should do the trick for light blond eyebrows.

salutsophie
Style_council
salutsophie

I also have blonde eyebrows and although they don’t sound as light as yours, sometimes I find myself wanting a more styled, defined and darker brow.

One of the best ways of styling my eyebrows without spending money on unnecessary dyes or even eyebrow pencils is with eyeshadow and an angled brush! If you have an eyeshadow set that has various shades of brown or beige, try them out and experiment with colours! Get some product on your angled brush and use short, feathery strokes over your eyebrows. Remember, don’t go more than 2 shades darker than your natural hair colour or your eyebrows will look strange and unnatural.

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

i think your supposed to blend in a eyeshadow or brow pencil one or two shades darker than your natural colour. i’m not positive though

REPLY TO DISCUSSION