SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
FabulaDico
Style_council
FabulaDico

After living most of my life with waist-length hair, I decided recently that I’d like a change in hairstyle— specifically a somewhere-between-a-bob-to-a-pixie cut. only thing is I have a really round face, and I’m worried that a short hairstyle will only make it look rounder. Any ideas? Pictures of styles would be great. Thanks!

posted almost 3 years ago
Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

The only thing you want to watch out for is the length of your hair hitting right at your jawline. This will only emphasize your face shape. So if you want to go for a bob, you can try a longer one like this:
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://short-bobhairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/gwyneth-paltrow-hairstyle-bob-2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://short-bobhairstyles.com/tag/gwyneth-paltrow-bob&h=420&w=333&sz=20&tbnid=cLH6uvP1BUh9tM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=71&zoom=1&docid=KrXwM0VnVJzKfM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=NeK-TsC2MeKgiQKT79X-Ag&ved=0CCwQ9QEwAg&dur=3292

Or if you want a pixie cut, try something like this:
http://www.stylebistro.com/Short+Haircuts+for+Women/articles/eEFlePUL49u/Pixie+Cut+for+Round+Face

I don’t know what the texture of your hair is, but you could do something really piecey with some wax and make it look a little rocker-y or punky. Or you could flat iron it and make it really smooth. If you go to get a pixie cut, make sure to tell them to leave the top a bit longer so that you will get height up top. This will give the illusion that your face is longer.

If you ever have any more questions, message me because I’m a hairstylist. :)

FabulaDico
Style_council
FabulaDico

thanks. my hair is straight, but thick. i don’t know if that changes anything?

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

Not really. If you do the pixie cut, you’ll have lots of hair to work with and you can create a lot of texture with it. If you go for the bob, you can get your hair texturized towards the bottom to remove some of the weight and heaviness. It will help it not look like a little girl’s bob. I would also ask for longer layers in the bob too to help with movement as well.

ettikajewelry
Style_council
ettikajewelry

In my opinion you must continue with long hairs.As you have mentioned your hair quality and your facecuts long hair will be a better option for you.

Mishelle
Style_council
Mishelle

i have long hair and im thinking of cutting it off too!

rachelcollis
New_user rachelcollis is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When rachelcollis reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
rachelcollis

I think a bob could work for you, all i would say though is avoid getting a fringe because i think that will really emphasise your face shape.

fashionbysai
Style_council
fashionbysai

You can try a layered hair style just not too short for it will make your face look rounder. Mine is round too and I’m maintaining a medium-length hair. I curled it too and it works for me :)

alysa2
New_user alysa2 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When alysa2 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
alysa2

I think long hairstyles would be best for you.I have long hairstyles and i feel so comfortable i this hair cut.In my opinion this hair cut should be best for you.

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION