SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
merissa
Style_council
merissa

okay so i need a better shampooo then i already have i have matrix biolage ( hydrate)

i think thats it
but the shampoo dries my hair out and its horrible but smellls so goooddd

help!

posted over 4 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Lol don’t pick your shampoo on scent alone! But no need to get a nasty-smelling one, either :-P It seems ironic that a hydrating shampoo is drying out your hair. That shouldn’t be happening!

Honestly, I have good experiences with some fairly cheap find-them-at-Walgreens products. If you are looking specifically for hydrating shampoos, check out the moisturizing lines by Herbal Essences (Hello Hydration), Sunsilk (Hydra TLC), or Garnier Fructisse. (And I really love the scent of Sunsilk Hydra TLC, it’s sort of a rose smell. Everyone has different tastes, but maybe you’d like it too?)

Also— are you using a conditioner? Shampoo on its own is not very hydrating. Always be sure to use a wash-out conditioner after you shampoo. (Some people JUST use conditioner, and only shampoo every other day!). If your hair is particularly dry, you might consider a leave-in conditioner as well.

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I have ben using Back-to-Basics mango-coconut shampoo and conditioner. I smells AMAZING! Not only that but the product does amazing things to my hair. It always feels soft, smooth, and healthy.

All of the scents for this brand are different depending on the type of shampoo. So my mango-coconut is for thick/coarse hair. I LOVE it.

posted over 4 years ago

kaydyanful
Style_council
kaydyanful

I think you should just experiment with some. I tried Garnier Fructisse and I got the most disgusting build up in my hair, it was gross. My hair felt like plastic!! So I would just say try a couple and see what works best for you, everyones hair is different..

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Don’t get Paul Mitchell! My sister and I have different hair and got different shampoos and conditioners from there. We both hated how it made our hair. I love the Paul Mitchell Salons, and Super Skinny Serum but the shampoo is horrible.

posted over 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I still use L’oreal kids because when I use adult shampoos, I have to condition. With the kids shampoo in general, your hair feels soft like you have used conditioner. I also like to believe that there’s less crazy chemicals in stuff for children.

posted over 4 years ago

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

Experimenting with other brands is always a good idea, and to narrow down what to look for, you should consider your hair type. Some people have really delicate hair shafts that dry out with hydrating shampoos because it’s just too harsh on their hair type. Also, do you color your hair? Do you use a lot of styling products? Do you use a lot of heat styling?

Another note: some people mistake product buildup for dryness (depending on the products they’re using); in that case a clarifying shampoo would be in order.

Also to consider, you just have naturally dry hair that needs regular conditioning and at least weekly moisturizing treatments. Shampoos are meant to be cleansers, so all of them to some degree are meant to strip dirt and products off hair, making them harsher, regardless of it’s hydrating claims.

posted over 4 years ago

d0rki3
Style_council
d0rki3

look for a shampoo & conditioner that is SULFATE FREE <—>t good for it either.

posted over 4 years ago

itwentBOOM
Style_council
itwentBOOM

Garnier Fructis has always been my favourite Shampoo.. It just works well with my hair, I’m not sure why. It’s a good thing that it’s cheap! :D

Herbal Essences while smelling delicious has always gave me really bad dandruff. Despite using the hydration one.. I wouldn’t recommend it!

You might wanna try tresemme or something?

posted over 4 years ago

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

I use pantene pro v and it workds wonders for the price. I have naturally dry and very curly hair on top of me colouring it for years and frequently using heat tools on it.

my hair still looks and feels great since I switched back. their beautiful lengths line is great

posted over 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

I use John Frieda Anti-Breakage Shampoo and Conditioner because my hair is very delicate. I know they have good color shampoos, but I’m not sure if they have hydrating-specific shampoos. I had a bad experience with Garnier Fructis, so I wouldn’t recommend it. John Paul Mitchell usually has good shampoo overall as well.

posted over 4 years ago

josephineRockett
Style_council
josephineRoc...

Right now i am using Tony&Guy moisture injection shampoo and conditioner, I love it sooo much and i recemend it to all of you! It gives you a relly nice healthy looking shine and a moisturizer feeling. It can be a bit expencive some places but i would think of it as an good investment!

posted over 4 years ago

fshnnerd
Style_council
fshnnerd

i like to switch up my shampoos and conditioners i adoreee yes to carrots and i love boisilk & main n tail they all make your hairr really soft and smell good makes your hair longer & its good for your hair(:

posted over 4 years ago

AsianGoddess1610
Style_council
AsianGoddess...

sunsilk thermashine if you want shinier hair and protection from damage

posted over 4 years ago

xxmidnightkisses
Style_council
xxmidnightki...

i use the catwalk fashionista shampoo & conditioner.
they both smell amazing, & thank god my hair seems to have stopped failing off like i was gonna go bald soon.

it leaves my hair really nice & smooth. on the plus side, it also leaves it smelling amazing!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION