Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  eyelash enhancerfake eyelashesfake lashesnatural lashesrevitalash
calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

i’ve decided that it’s time for me to start wearing false eyelashes. i love a well-defined eye. probably from all the french new wave i watch. oh anna karina…

anyway, i was hoping that some people with experience in this department would give me their suggestions on which eyelashes they purchase and which adhesives and removers (if any) that they use. i’m relatively inexperienced in this area, so any advice is helpful. even in the arena of technique and application.

thanks in advance!

posted over 5 years ago
ThursdaysChild
Style_council
ThursdaysChild

oh I love falsies. and your eyes are so gorgeous I’m sure you don’t need them. But I bet you’ll look great with them, too.

You can youtube/google TONS of tutorials on how to put on falsies. In general you need to first check and make sure that the strip isn’t too long (hold it up to your eye w/o any glue on), trim to proper length, then apply glue. Also curl your lashes so that they’ll blend in with the falsies.

Next the tricky part: place on top of your real lashes, close to the lashline (but not ON the actual hairs or else you’ll pull them out). I place the middle first, then push the inner and outer edges into place with your finger, a q-tip, the blunt end of a lip pencil, tweezers, whatever you find comfortable (the first time, before you know what will work best, I suggest you have them all readily available so you can grab what you need easily). Pat down on the base with something like the blunt edge of a pencil. Open your eye just to make sure it’s applied correctly, then close again to give it a good chance to dry well.

You probably will do eyeliner at this point, which makes the falsies less obvious. Then you want to blend the false lashes with the real – some people use mascara (I didn’t think that worked well), some people just kind of crimp them together, either with an eyelash curler (but don’t put as much pressure as if you’re curling the lashes.. just enough to force them together) or with a special tool that looks just like an eyelash curler to me.

whew. that’s a lot.

I’ve only used Shu Uemura, which is usually available at Sephora. I’ve heard Ardell is another good, cheaper brand. If you want a more natural look, you can get the individual flares (which you apply one by one, probably just 3 to the outer corner), or choose a natural looking full set. The full strip is way easier to apply in my opinion. I like the type that criss-cross, I think it looks more natural. The Shu Uemura lash glue (plenty comes with one set of lashes) is supposed to be better than the Sephora brand.

To remove: if you plan to use the lashes again, just pull really really gently. you can soak a q tip in makeup remover and pat at the base if they’re being stubborn. If you plan to just trash them, I think it helps to make a warm compress and hold it on your eye for 15-30 seconds before you remove the lashes. They won’t ever be the same though after they’re wet.

Okay that’s about all I know! I can’t wait to see your new falsies :)

posted over 5 years ago

aranell
Style_icon
aranell

do you want them for occasional use or for everyday?
For special occasions I use Naturalites, which you can get in department stores and big chain chemists over here. The best ones are the pre-glued because they seem to stick better. They just pull off when you come home, and you can re-use them a few times by adding glue.
For more regular use you have two options – find a salon that does permanent lash extensions (last about a month but not cheap) or buy the sets of individual lashes and do it yourself. You stick them to the base of your natural lashes and they fall out together naturally.

posted over 5 years ago

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

yes, i plan on wearing them every day… at least i think. i am trying to decide if it makes more sense to buy the more expensive shu uemura lashes, or if the kind at the drug store is just as good, you know? i live by shu uemura eyeliner, oh my, but i don’t know that i need to spend nearly as much for something like false eyelashes. or do i???

aha, and i never even considered a salon. that sounds like a lot less work, so i’ll definitely have to look into that… but i definitely want false eyelashes for a more striking (and maybe even slightly obvious) look.

anyway, truth be told, i just bought the cheapies at the drug store yesterday with a little bottle of the adhesive and they worked just fine. we’ll see how i fare today. and i’m still up for more comments/suggestions!!!

posted over 5 years ago

Shabby_chic
Style_icon
Shabby_chic

For everyday use, i like to wear those from The Face Shop (Korean chained beauty store, not sure if there’s any in the US though), very user friendly n incredibly cheap! I like d half versions which is more natural looking n easier to attach. For formal function, i will opt for MAC collections, there r mostly made with human eyelashes too!

posted over 5 years ago

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

success! through trial and error, i’ve discovered a drug store brand of false eyelashes that works just fine for my everyday purposes. the first style i tried was way too natural. it wasn’t even noticeable that i was wearing falsies! but i found a much fuller and thicker criss-crossed style (probably what thursdayschild was referring to) that gives me that mod look i was looking for. hooray!

it will only be a matter of time before i’m shelling out too much money on all the beautiful pairs at shu eumura! sigh…

posted over 5 years ago

aranell
Style_icon
aranell

Hooray! But where are the pictures, you tease! :D

posted over 5 years ago

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

hehe, no closeups, please!

ok ok, here

posted over 5 years ago

aranell
Style_icon
aranell

Wow, great job! They make your eyes look HUGE!

posted over 5 years ago

ThursdaysChild
Style_council
ThursdaysChild

oooh! they look GREAT! you’re gorgeous anyway, but now you’re totally ready for your close-up!

posted over 5 years ago

feketkutyak
Style_council
feketkutyak

Funny – I JUST bought my first pair of false eye lashes the other day (an errant move with hair shears in a sudden bang-trimming episode nipped the tips of my eyelashes…oops!) lol Anyways, I bought 2 pair, one is very simple and just fills in the “missing parts” lol and the other is FULL and belissima thick! I bought them from a drugstore, each about $4 each but made from 100% hand trimmed human hair (kind of gross when you think about it eh?) …I find if you put on eyeliner before and then touch up after you glue, it helps to hide any ‘goofs’ you may have made.

posted over 5 years ago

ThaoVy
Style_council
ThaoVy

Ardell Wispies are very natural looking made out of 100% human hair. Really recommend those for a drugstore brand with department store quality. :)

posted about 5 years ago

PeculiarOne
Style_council
PeculiarOne

I love the look of false eyelashes, but I struggled with the application of strip eyelashes. I could never get them on. I recently discovered individual eyelashes and they are so much easier to apply. I love them! Check out some Youtube videos for help in application, types, glue, etc.

posted about 5 years ago

1wiseshopper
Style_council
1wiseshopper

False eyelashes are great… I so many, use it so often, every occasion
I get the chance. Japanese ones are my fave
To place it on, there is a trick… It hard to put on alone… best get help
if you are new to it.
Get a toothpick and use the flat long side to press your eyelashes down from the top.
After you place the glue… the glue has to be one long line, no clump.
Hold in place for a minute or so…

Hot New Craze

posted about 5 years ago

Thanya
New_user Thanya is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Thanya reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Thanya

I personally love false eyelashes! Emm, I would recommend a beginner to go with ones that have natural looks. Thin or clear band is perfect as they are so light. When you first start you might feel heavy and uncomfy on eyelids, but soon enough that feeling will gone and you will love them!

I love this one as my everyday look :)

By far, I have tried many brands of adhesive,but DUO is the best! All my friends think the same.

posted almost 2 years ago

thatlaitgirl
Style_council
thatlaitgirl

I don’t like wearing a full false lash, because I feel like it irritates my eyes. So I usually take one lash and cut it in half, and apply that to my eyes. It gives you the fullness in the outer corner of your eyes without irritation!

posted almost 2 years ago

Eyelashqueen
New_user Eyelashqueen is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Eyelashqueen reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Eyelashqueen

You can check out AK Lashes, they are 100% hand made in Japan and are my favorite. https://www.facebook.com/AKLashesUSA

posted over 1 year ago

jazzpollard
New_user jazzpollard is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When jazzpollard reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jazzpollard

I was like that, but about a month back i decided to pluck up the courage! and went for the sarah harding lashes from the girls aloud range by eylure cause they looked so nice. i looked at some youtube tutorials showing you how to apply them before i tried them for the real day. and then tried it a couple of times on myself, there a bit fiddly but you soon get used to them. just put a little more glue on the outsides of the lashes, then wait about 20 for the glue to go tacky then go for it!

I was bit confused about using the revitalash product for eyelashes which has natural and safe ingredients!!!

posted about 1 month ago

Anne123
New_user Anne123 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Anne123 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Anne123

I was addicted to false eye lashes, used to wear them all the time. But due to my continuous use of false lashes, my original ones started to suffer. The naturally growing lashes started breaking off and at that point I decided to control the usage of false lashes. I started looking for alternatives and came upon Latisse, http://www.beauti-med.com/beauti-med-tips/double-your-lash-fullness/ a solution to help eyelashes grow. It takes some time to get the results( about 2 months for me) but the results are worth it.

posted about 1 month ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION