SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
francescalovely
Style_council
francescalovely

I have eczema, and my fave is sensitive but SUPER dry right now. I use a cream Aveeno cleanser to wash, and then Shiseido moisturizing lotion and usually a bit of Aquaphor to moisturize even more. However, my skin is ALWAYS dry and just doesn’t go away. Help?

posted over 4 years ago
thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

Perhaps try Cetaphil moisturizing cream ? (The link goes to drugstore.com, and the 140+ reviews are generally favorable, citing it as a remedy against dryness, sensitivity, and eczema.) I use it for winter dryness and it works like a charm. It also helped to significantly reduce & clear up my sister’s acne.

posted over 4 years ago

Ninahhh
Style_council
Ninahhh

emu cream!

or eucerin

posted over 4 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

I put Rosebud Salve on super dry areas at night. I would say it is similar to Aquaphor, but less greasy.

posted over 4 years ago

dnase
Style_council
dnase

For REALLY, really dry areas even putting on a thin layer of vaseline helps, I’ve found.

posted over 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I also have eczema, but not much on my face unless I’m having an allergic reaction. I used to have dry face skin and I would not wash my face before I go to bed (if I didn’t wear makeup or it felt clean enough). That was so my skin could rejuvenate it’s natural oils. I guess it wouldn’t work well if you have acne, but I didn’t and it was fine.

posted over 4 years ago

nathalie951
Style_council
nathalie951

Have you tried jojoba oil? or olive oil?

posted over 4 years ago

matchamagnolia
Style_council
matchamagnolia

I don’t have eczema, but I do have very sensitive skin and tend to get dry patches in winter. The thing that always helps me is Juice Beauty’s Redness Reducing Serum. It’s 100% organic, which is excellent for sensitive skin. I can’t get through winter wthout it.

posted over 4 years ago

missemily
Style_council
missemily

extra virgin olive oil scrub is the best for dry winter skin

posted over 4 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

I use Cetaphil! I have really dry skin as well, and have tried alot of creams, and found this one works best for me! Before, my face will be moisturized for lk 30 mins, and then my make up will start looking bad, but now my face looks good the whole day!

posted over 4 years ago

kayeseven
Style_council
kayeseven

maybe you need your vitamins. remember to load up on you vitamins especially A,E and C! try using mild facial oil-based moisturizers instead of the water based or cream like too if you still really have dry skin. try shiseido’s =)

posted over 4 years ago

rachellaine
Style_council
rachellaine

have you looked into 100% extra virgin coconut oil? it’s fabulous. also, egyptian magic is great too.

www.theairconditionedgypsy.com

posted over 4 years ago

littlerain
Style_council
littlerain

what kind of shiseido moisturizer? you want a cream that’s super rich.
a friend of mine has eczema and he saw a dermatologist and got some lotions – its worked really well. His face doesn’t peel anymore and if he feels dry during the day he just puts on a little bit of eucerin/aquaphor or whatever he happens to have around. He said that nothing worked before, so it might be worth it to see a derm.

posted over 4 years ago

tenoria
Style_council
tenoria

Jojoba and grapeseed oils are great moisturizers for dry skin. Jojoba is the closest oil to your skin’s natural oil composition, is non-comedogenic, and has a high concentration of natural vitamin E which helps skin heal.

Make sure your Shiseido moisturizer is free of alcohols and fragrances. I used to love their products, but realized the high concentration of cetyl alcohol and fragrances were freaking out my sensitive skin.

Aveeno is advertised as a brand for sensitive skin, but Eucerin and Cetaphil are commonly recommended by derms. Eucerin in particular specializes in care for rosacea and eczema, so you might check out some of their skincare options.

Good luck and keep us updated!

posted over 4 years ago

AllyCat
Style_council
AllyCat

I have really bad eczema too. I slather my face in aveeno in the morning and right before I go to bed. If it’s super dry a good idea is to leave some aveeno out with no top on until it gets a bit harder and richer and use that!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION