SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
vendange
Style_council
vendange

I have tried countless times and countless ways to get pin curls and/or finger waves and it never comes out good. I have sholder length kinda frizzy wavy hair and bangs. Does anyone have any tips?
~Angela

posted about 4 years ago
Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

finger waves are pretty hard to do. But the best way to get pincurls would be to sleep with all the pins in your hair. What I’ve had to do for performances (theatre major) is pincurl my hair so it would fit under a wig, but at the end of the night when the show was over, I wouldn’t always feel like taking them out, so I would spray hairspray over my head, go to sleep and take them out the next morning. If you don’t brush them they’ll look a little modern and dangly, but if you do you should get soft retro waves.

biggest misconception is that you should do this with wet hair. If your hair is thick like mine, it doesn’t actually dry if you do that, and when you take them out they’ll still be wet and weigh down any curl that was in them.

does that help? :-)

posted about 4 years ago

nay_myquel
Style_council
nay_myquel

i wana learn how to do finger waves..but pin curls is pretty easy..just depends on how u curl the hair..

posted about 4 years ago

Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

i’ve never tried using actual pins.

posted about 4 years ago

Ayaz_Raja
Style_council
Ayaz_Raja

i like hwow the guys pull it off on the ryunawyas.

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i have no idea but they look really cool : ) i think it looks best with shorter hair

posted about 4 years ago

vendange
Style_council
vendange

Thanks everybody. This was really helpful. Thank you for the links as well. I will try it and let you know how it goes…or post pictures :)

posted about 4 years ago

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

K well I’ll tell you the two best ways to get a cute look for 2 types of hair:

If you have straighter hair: Use a wave-making texturizing mist/spray right from the shower to towel dried hair. Put it into a twisty bun and leave for ten minutes. Undo the bun and blow dry until it’s dry (remember to use heat protectant!) then, use a curling or even a straightening iron to make soft, loose curls. Spritz with hairspray and anti frizz serum if needed.

If you have curly/wavier hair: Put on a wave-enhancing texturizing mist right from the shower to towel dried hair. Put on anti-frizz and heat protectant serum and blow dry hair until it’s almost 100% dry. Set your straightening iron to it’s lowest setting and run it through your hair, it will turn curls into waves. Spritz with shine-enhancer hairspray and you’re set!

:) Hope I helped

posted about 4 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I like bantu knots more actually. all i need is some mini hairbands to hold them together and GENTLY take them out in the morning and it turns out pretty good, although I only use it when my hair doesn’t curl after I wash it XP

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION