SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

My skin gets pretty oily around mid-day and it tends to get a bit red.
what face powder would you recommend to fix this??

posted about 4 years ago
jadamiranda
Style_council
jadamiranda

I use Omorovicza Balancing Moisturizer. It controls the production of oil on the skin.

posted about 4 years ago

magali
Style_council
magali

I recommend washing your face a lot, using any clay-based moisturizer & avoiding make up.

posted about 4 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I wash my face with like, a foaming cleanser (foams breaks through oil) and then tinted moisturizer (basically my normal moisturizer mixed with foundation [my foundation is CoverGirl Oil Control clean makeup]). The foundation part evens my skin tone and helps moisturize and block off excess oil. And I usually finish it off with just a bronzer powder. Not a lot, just on the T-zone.

And you should only wash about twice/three times a day. Anymore can take off the natural layer of oil & then your skin will work double time with oil to cover it up. XP

posted about 4 years ago

staystitching
Style_council
staystitching

clinique has this matte cream thing and it works sooo well

posted about 4 years ago

laurenkay
Style_council
laurenkay

try clean and clear oil blotters. apply powder can make skin look cakey.

posted about 4 years ago

xanjelix
Style_council
xanjelix

my skin is oily. what do i put to make it look less oily?

posted about 4 years ago

Tho
Style_council
Tho

try this

It’s amazing! I have really oily skin and it helps keep my shine under control. :]

posted about 4 years ago

SecretB5StopsAcne
Style_council
SecretB5Stop...

If you have oily skin you don’t need to apply honey, just apply cucumber and lemon. Yes, it is watery, so you don’t need to remove a whole lot of juice – just very little, and spread it on your face. Wash off when it dries.

posted about 4 years ago

beautiqueen
Style_council
beautiqueen

hello dear,

here you can found foundation and face powder.

Dinair Airbrush Makeup Nucelle Mama Lotion Betty Beauty M2 Skin Care

posted about 4 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

thank you everyone for all the advice :)
i tried that milk of magnesia stuff on my face and it seems to be working for now

posted about 4 years ago

vaughnRusse
Style_council
vaughnRusse

try buckwheat / rice powders too if you can find one in your area. :) they’re good as finishing powders. light too.

posted about 4 years ago

amourosaur
Style_council
amourosaur

this isn’t a suggestion for a powder:
but… i recommend st. ive’s apricot scrub once a day,
well you could start out w/ twice a day
(just use it when your skin is feeling oily and it prevents redness)

posted about 4 years ago

MissSmile1423
Style_council
MissSmile1423

They sell little oil collecting sheets that really help. Or you could just take a wet paper towel and wipe it over your face, that’s what I do.

posted about 4 years ago

soopernifty
Style_council
soopernifty

I use teatree-infused facial blotting papers from The Body Shop in the morning as they’re antibacterial and very natural. If I’m wearing a full face of make-up, I use a loose powder by No.7 cosmetics, and I always make sure the sponge I apply it with is clean. Hope this helps!

posted about 4 years ago

Daladoir
Style_council
Daladoir

Have you tried blotting tissues?

posted about 4 years ago

SecretB5StopsAcne
Style_council
SecretB5Stop...

Topical solutions only treat Oily Skin and Acne when it appears on the skin, but if you think logically what you really need is something that slows down the oil production before it ever gets to the surface of your skin.

posted about 4 years ago

Bstellar
Style_council
Bstellar
  • my recommendation: use moisturizer/sunscreen on your face everyday! My skin is very oily and I never use to use any because I felt it would make it even more oilier. MYTH! Your skin creates oil in order to hydrate itself. If your start using a light moisturizer it this will condition your skin to not release so much oil. It’s not going to happen instantly so give it a few weeks or a month. If you use makeup then just use a verrrryyyy small amount before and let your skin soak it up before you start applying make up. Also sunscreen is SUPER important for your skin! Your not going to look young forever, so if your want to make sure your youthful skin lasts you as much as possible and delay or even minimize those wrinkles that you are eventually going to get, USE SUNSCREEN. The sun’s rays can be very damaging even if we don’t notice it, even when it’s not sunny outside. Not just the sun but everything else within the environment can affect your skin. So let me say it just one more time, use sun screeeeen! lol. ok that’s it. oh & try the clean & clear oil sheets, they work pretty good.

WATCH THIShttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwVVpwBKUp0

posted about 4 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

Okay, I know I’m reposting on here, but you can always try like, blotting papers too. They absorb oil on one side and have powder on the other.

And a find of mine was when i read on another website using CLEAN, paper toilet seat covers as blotters because they’re so thin, they absorb quick. Well, I noticed that the like, recycled toliet paper is just as thin as the seat covers, so I tried it and it does work. So alternative, splurge a bit on a pack of recycled toliet paper and press it to your forehead to suck out excess oil. :)

(i do it everyday basically hahaha)

posted about 4 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

haha i actually have done that. ya i’ve been using milk of magnesia and the tissue in between my foils and it seems to be working quite well
thanks for the suggestions everyone :)

posted about 4 years ago

SecretB5StopsAcne
Style_council
SecretB5Stop...

Face powders are used mainly to minimize shininess or excessively oily areas of skin. The powder acts to diminish the appearance of shiny or oily skin though, as of late, the look of glitter make-up has been very popular. Loose powder is preferred by professional makeup artists because it is less likely to scratch the skin. This type of powder makes your face look very smooth, matt and pressed powders of the last longer.

posted almost 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION