SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I LOVE trying out new beauty products and skin creams, but the good ones are so expensive that I’m afraid that I will end up buying something that I hate!

Honestly, I’m pretty lucky – I inherited great skin from my grandmother. But I really want to prevent the signs of aging that are starting to creep up on me. I don’t need anything hard core, but I need some suggestions for skin care products for in between skin – I’m almost 26, so I still get the occasional zit, but I am also starting to see fine lines around my mouth and eyes, and on my forehead. I have extremely dark circles under my eyes (I’ve kind of given up on these though!), and I’d like to even out my skin tone a bit.

I’d love any thoughts or suggestions you have!

posted almost 3 years ago
Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

Hey fellow advisor! :)

I’m a little older than you and luckily don’t have too many signs of aging! If anything, I still get pimples probably making me look younger. Anyway, I haven’t tried this product but I’ve read great reviews on it to help under eye circles and fine lines near the eyes. It’s the Olay Regenerist Anti Aging Under Eye Roller. Garnier also makes one that’s a little bit cheaper. I’ve actually been thinking of picking it up myself for prevention.

I’ve totally stopped using all facial cleansers unless it’s Cetaphil. Just plain water, and a daily moisturizer. The moisturizer I use is the Up and Up Target Brand for acne prone skin. I love it. It’s probably the best face moisturizer I’ve ever used and it’s cheap. It leaves no residue and I feel makes my foundation go on smoother.

Hope that helps some!

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Hello, nice to meet you! ;)

Thanks for the tips – I will definitely look into those eye rollers! I’ve heard good things about Cetaphil, but my skin is pretty delicate – do you think it would be okay for sensitive skin?

glanvillebaby
Style_council
glanvillebaby

Hey there! I am waaay older than you- although for some reason I still think I am 23, (that was a good year and I am stuck there forever)
I am a beauty junkie and have tried everything under the sun! I would say- do not give up on the little annoying dark circles! I have combination skin too which is difficult b/c I still get a rare pimple here and there. I would say, try out eye creams at beauty counters and use special occasions such as mother’s day, valentine’s, etc to try out samples. (ej, buy a fragrance or an eyeshadow for your mom/coworker/friend/yourself- and use the “gift” samples to try them out.

I you have already done all that and are looking for something different I would say this: I have tried everything from chanel, to La Mer, to Boscia, Caudalie etc, and I have stuck with Caudalie. They have a balm that is an “around the eye and around the lips” kind of balm, and it has helped me tremendously. I also use the Caudalie hydrating mask as a moisturizer in the winter- it is very rich. I use Boscia cleansing oil as makeup remover (it is a grape-oil based cleanser) and also use neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask pretty much on my nose only and about twice a week. I get all the caudalie and boscia stuff from sephora and get advantage of the free samples to try out new things. Everyone’s skin is different so trying things out is a must- and don’t be ashamed to ask for samples! You have nothing to lose!!
Good luck!! :)

glanvillebaby
Style_council
glanvillebaby

Sorry, didn’t read the post from barepappermint- :) I actually have tried the eye rollers (both olay and garnier, I’m telling you- they should pay me to try out new stuff!! ) to be honest, I wan’t all that impressed and considering they are in the 20’s price range I recommend a retinol cream instead or clinique all about eyes. ROC is the best non prescription retinol cream (for around eyes only- and AVOID sunlight, use only at bedtime) and for $20.00 you will look ten years younger in three days (make sure you get your sleep too!) The clinique all around eyes cream is good to but more to make your skin more dewy, not really good for undereye circles.
Hope this helps :) Like I said my all time favorite is Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee pour yeux et levres but it is kinda pricey- maybe you can get a sample at sephora and try it out? :) La Mer is totally overrated, don’t waste your money. And Chanel, I have tried the illuminators, the primers, different moisturizers, and I just got the new illumintating foundation. The only thing I think is worth it is the foundation. The other products… meh!
I have the Estee Lauder illuminator and I prefer that one. Anyway, that was too much.

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Thanks for your awesome advice glanvillebaby! I order from Sephora.com fairly often, and I love the tons of samples they always send – it’s the only store I would rather order online than buy in-store.

I think I have a sample of a Caudalie product from one of my last orders – I will definitely have to give it a shot.

I am going to have to try the ROC retinol cream – can I get it at the drugstore, or do I have to go to Sephora?

REPLY TO DISCUSSION