SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
racool
Style_council
racool

My favourite thing is to go with plain eyes (neutral eyeshadow with winged eyeliner) then a bold lip (bright red, brick red, hot pink, orange, coral, you name it) but I was wondering if bold lips – which to be honest, on me doesn’t actually look that bold – are too much to wear when wearing a bold/brightly coloured outfit. I have an orange skater dress that I would like to wear on Friday, paired likely with a leather jacket and some chelsea boots, with a bold lip. Is it too much? Should I go more neutral?

posted about 3 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I like a bold lip with a bold outfit, but I don’t usually color coordinate them. I would go for red or bright pink lip with the orange dress. You can always wipe it off if you feel too done up :)

posted about 3 years ago

racool
Style_council
racool

Thanks for the tip! I think you’re right – and bright pink would probably look pretty rad with the orange.

posted about 3 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

in the night go bold in both, in the daylight go soft on ur makeup :)

posted about 3 years ago

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

I think a bold lip would look marvelous with the bright dress. Sometimes you have to wait until the clothing item is on to really determine what you want to go for. I sometimes think a bright lip is too much, but in photos, it actually comes across pretty tame. So go for it!

posted about 3 years ago

MyAlexasStore
Style_council
MyAlexasStore

I’ve always liked a bold lip!

posted about 3 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I think it’s a fabulous idea – I love the idea of a bright pink lip with a bright orange dress. Make sure you post some pictures for us!!

posted about 3 years ago

Appu
Style_council
Appu

I can’t do without eyeliner so a cat eye is a must for me.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION