SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lovelyyx
Style_council
lovelyyx

so i’m 5’11 and 220 lbs. i want to lose about 100 lbs….but i diet and work out. my number weight doesn’t go down but i feel a difference…what am idoing wrong? and any advice would be great

posted about 4 years ago
WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

I have been struggling with my weight all my life. I’ve always been slimmer than most slim people and it’s hard for me to gain weight. It’s even harder to tone up my body w/o losing weight.

All bodies are different. Some people can gain and lose weight very quickly, others not so much. You could try cutting out sugars and soda.. or at least cutting down on them. I had a friend in high school that drank only water for a week and she said it made her feel great. Sometimes the best thing to do is buy a woman’s magazine and read the diet articles You don’t have to get a health mag for this. I think most styles mags have articles on that. You could also try buying a workout dvd, doesn’t have to be an extreme one! The dance ones are not as intense so you can go at your own pace.

I’m not an expert but that’s what i’d try first. If that doesn’t work you could meet with a professional trainer or something and they would know what’s best for you and your body type.

posted about 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Please don’t lose 100 lbs; you’d be way, way underweight and likely qualify as anorexic. At your height, the healthy weight range is anywhere between around 135-180. Aim to be healthy, not rail-thin.

To lose substantial amounts of weight and become healthy, however, you really need a change in lifestyle, not a diet-and-exercise plan. You might want to reconsider your relationship with food. Why do you eat? Do you eat for emotional reasons, or because you need to nourish your body? Changing the way you think about food— you eat because you need it, not because you want it— might help.

Personally, I find it’s helpful to think about meals less in terms of “What can I cut out/deprive myself of?” and more by starting from the bottom and deciding what I need— carbs, protein, vegetables, fruits, vitamins, fiber, etc. I then portion these things out according to what I need at my size. It takes some practice, and so you might want to do some research— but remember to forgive yourself for overdoing it every once and a while. EVERYBODY needs a Dorito binge or a piece of cake every now and then. You don’t have to be perfect all the time, you just need a change that’s consistent enough over the long term that you see a difference.

Consider keeping a journal of what you eat for a little while. While you don’t want to become obsessive about counting calories, it can be helpful to understand what your weaknesses are right now so you can try to fix them, such as drinking too much soda or being a chronic snacker.

But if doing what you are now you feel different but aren’t noticing a difference in actual weight, remember: It’s not about a number on a scale, but being healthy and feeling good about yourself. When you reach a size, weight, and lifestyle that feels good for you, that’s your ideal weight, numbers be damned.

Good luck!

posted about 4 years ago

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

Yeah I was going to say something about that, but I thought I was estimating it wrong. I’m 5’4’’ and should be 100 (that’s even pretty skinny). My boyfriend is 5’11’’ and hes in the 140’s, he’s slim for his size too. DO NOT OVERDUE IT!

posted about 4 years ago

wildberykutipie
Style_council
wildberykutipie

How are you dieting? I heard the best way to lose weight and to keep it off is to eat small snacks like yogurt, cereal, or fruit every 2 hours. Also, how are you working out? The best way to do it is to spend about 15-30 minutes doing cardio which is like running, or doing the eliptical. And the rest you use the machines or do crunches or something. And I agree with everyone, 100 pounds is too much to lose. The reason behind losing weight should be to be healthy, not anorexic. And if you see a difference, that means you’re probably gaining muscle because muscle weighs more than fat. So you’re probably gaining muscle and losing more weight at the same time.

posted about 4 years ago

prefecta
Style_council
prefecta

The best diet is the one that you are able to maintain and make a lifestyle. To me that’s Atkins, been for years now. Therefore I wouldn’t recommend eating every couple of hours but instead having 3 meals a day. On atkins snacking isn’t necessary because your blood sugar doesn’t crash. But you have to study it before deciding whether it’s your thing.

What I can say from experience, VLCD’s are NEVER a good idea. They are a perfect way to lose all muscle tissue, keep the fat and you’re very likely to gain everything back and you’ll probably end up larger by every round.

Excercicing does help but if you don’t pay attention to what you eat, you won’t lose weight unless you train like a pro several hours a day. And the pro’s are always very concerned of their diet, too…

posted about 4 years ago

Jamil160
Style_council
Jamil160

Hi

i agree with above you do not need to be loosing that much. Every 1 pound of fat is 3500 calories, that means the average weight you should be looking at loosing is 1 to a maximum of 2 pounds a week, this means loosing 500 -1000 calories a day either through snacks / soda / food you do not need or excersise.

Now wow you may think 500 calories! But break this down that pack of McCoys crisps your chowing down on is about 150-200 calories that soda another 100 so these add up. Im not saying give up, have one when you want but not all the time, also make better choices Quavers, French Fries, Skips and Squares … im sure there must be more all under 100 cals.

Keep yourself motivated and do not look at the number on the scale … throw them away, focus on how you feel and how your clothes fit, this will tell you your true results.

You need to find an excersise you like not just that you think will work! I tried the gym hated it and gave up, i then remembered i loved swimming when i was younger and nothing has changed … 1 hour 3 times a week = about 300 cals a session i also love to walk so on the week-ends i find somewhere and go for a long walk.

Sorry about such a long post.

Dont give up, you will get there and remember this will not happen overnight and you should only be doing this for yourself to make you more happy with you.

posted about 4 years ago

Nkarm1
Style_council
Nkarm1

Well since you feel a difference but your number is not going down, might be because you’re probably gaining more muscle… Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you’ve lost fat it might not yet be visable on the scale… Don’t worry about your weight so much. Focuse on eating healthy and doing excersise you enjoy.

Doing fun activities is a good way to keep yourself motivated. It’s hard to lose weight, so try making the exercise part as much fun as possible. Don’t go on a crazy diet that helps you lose weight quickly, but that you’re not able to stick with…You’ll end up putting double the amount of weight you lost back on… Try to become used to a diet you can keep after you’ve lost the weight…Don’t cut out important foods.

Have a healthy body image, don’t become super unhealthy anorexic skinny. Know that you are fantastic no matter what size your are. Good luck :)

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION