SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ForeverPEACE
Style_council
ForeverPEACE

i straighten my hair almost everyday for school but i want to do some defferent styles or atleast try them. i have VERY thick hair when and when not straightened. do you know of any hair styles that may look good on me? thanks :]

posted over 4 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Is your hair wavy or curly? Or just super-thick and (mostly) straight? I actually didn’t realize my hair was wavy until I was in college because I always combed it out and straightened it! The texture of your hair will influence what styles will be easiest to do.

If you’ve got some texture in the form of curls or waves, mousse, a scrunching gel, or a wavy spray could be your best friend. You can then wear curls and waves loose; partially back with a clip, twists, or braids; or up in a messy bun with curls or waves spilling down.

If your hair is mostly straight, just not straight enough that you feel comfortable wearing it loose without ironing it first, you can still rock all manner of creative buns and ponytails, braids, and partially pulled-back looks without having to fuss too much about getting your hair perfectly straight.

I really like looking around YouTube for hair tutorials. You can find people with all different hair lengths, textures, and styles who can show you step-by-step some creative ways to wear your hair.

posted over 4 years ago

kayeseven
Style_council
kayeseven

i used to have thick hair too until i got it rebonded =)

posted over 4 years ago

lovelytyphoon_
Style_council
lovelytyphoon_

I think that pin curls are cute for any thickness of hair. I have thick hair also, but I straighten it first so it gives a better curl. :)

Look up on youtube Pin curls by Strawberry Koi Vintage. It’s an easy tutorial.

posted over 4 years ago

HannaC
Style_council
HannaC

Hey My hair is REALLY thick as well. Mouse is really good for naturally curly/wavy hair, I used to do that but I got mine in Chemically straightened that takes about 50% of the volume away! (It used to take me and hour and a half to straighten it but now I just need to touch up bed head) So if you want to keep it straight without having to straighten it everyday that’s an idea. When you natural hair grows out you just need to re-perm the roots, but you have to take very good care of your hair (as if it were bleached/Colored cause it can be damaging) but it’s less damaging than putting heat on it everyday.

posted over 4 years ago

littlepleasure
Style_council
littlepleasure

the same to me! i have really thick and wavy hair, i hate it. i was by hairdresser today and still they’re thich. i can only straighten them and listen to my mom complaining that i have hair with split ends and that they ‘looks’ like haystack. i think i definely need to buy something for my hair health

posted over 4 years ago

JalisaRiley
Style_council
JalisaRiley

i had really thick hair till i got a perm :) it really worked wonders

posted over 4 years ago

JalisaRiley
Style_council
JalisaRiley

i had really thick hair till i got a perm :) it really worked wonders

posted over 4 years ago

thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

If you have straight hair, you could go for a shredded, layered look. It would really take off some of the weight. Also, regarding heat and chemical straightening, I’ve done both multiple times and – over the long run – it isn’t very healthy for one’s hair, so I’ve stopped completely. Just a suggestion, though you don’t have to take it. :)

posted over 4 years ago

mselle
Style_council
mselle

Go for pin curls and rag ties! Since it’s thick the curls with last quite awhile (the second day is always the best), plus since you are using no heat it will give your hair a little damage down time.

posted over 4 years ago

VickyLiu
Style_council
VickyLiu

you can ask your hairstylist to thin your hair out a bit!
it does wonders for me:)

posted over 4 years ago

livebreatheFASHi0N
Style_council
livebreatheF...

i agree. get your air thinned or get layers they are really chic and you can do a ton of different styles with them

posted over 4 years ago

mangotatoes
Style_council
mangotatoes

yeahp! Thin your hair out, I went to a salon and even though it took an hour and a half to thin out my hair with a razor (I think the girl had to change razors a couple times) the end result was awesome! so much lighter on my head and easier to handle my hair.

posted over 4 years ago

AllyCat
Style_council
AllyCat

I get my hair thinned as well, the first time I had it done was so surprising! I went from hating my hair to loving it!

posted over 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I agree you might want to look into thinning out your hair out if it’s straight, or that’s the way you typically style it.

But do not thin it out if it’s textured (curly or wavy). That’s usually a sure-fire recipe for uncontrollable frizz.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION